Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I install Soho in a subfolder?

ND,

I plan to keep BV as the primary site building tool and try linking to Soho's ecommerce and calendar functions.

Q7. When installing Soho in a subfolder, is that done from the control panel?

I went into the control panel and started the install process but there was no option to assign Soho to a subfolder.

Q8. Is the subfolder partitioning done after the Soho installation is complete?

Please advise...

Thanks for the wisdom...

Re: How do I install Soho in a subfolder?

I plan to keep BV as the primary site building tool and try linking to Soho's ecommerce and calendar functions.

Q7. When installing Soho in a subfolder, is that done from the control panel?

Yes. First you must create a subdomain, through your CP. Call it f.e. "shop", or "soho". This will automatically create a subfolder called the same way. Then, go in Fantastico, and when asked in which domain Soho has to be installed, select that subdomain from the dropdown. Soho will be installed in that subfolder.

Q8. Is the subfolder partitioning done after the Soho installation is complete?
    This has already been answereded by the above.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks ND,

I'm now a Corporal and you're still a genius. Thanks for your help sir!

Peace...

Comment

You are welcome
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ND,

Followup for Soho...

I created subdomain http://rcbfbookstore.rehobothcbf.org/ and did the Soho installed there as advised. There were a few error msgs on the third page of the Soho install so I don't think that install went well because I can't get to the admin page to start working on the site http://rcbfbookstore.rehobothcbf.org/sohoadmin/ .
          I thought by having the results emailed to me I would see all the msg from the install but that is not the case. You should able to see the login query at the admin page right?

Should I remove and reinstall?

mel

Comment

Tried to remove Soho and got the following:

A necessary component needed for removal could not be found. Please remove this installation manually. Additionally delete:
            - The MySQL database "rehobo_sope1"
            - The MySQL user "rehobo_sope1"
            - The Fantastico settings file "/home/rehobo/.fantasticodata/Soholaunch Pro Edition/rcbfbookstore.rehobothcbf.org|"

Help...please advise.

Comment

Please use my forn to send me your login info. I'll see what i can do
              Navaldesign

Comment

If i want to create subfolder instead of subdomain to install soho. is that possible?

example
                i want it to be as domainname.com/soho

and not soho.domainname.com

Comment

No, because Soho installation wizard asks for the domain to install the software to. If you do not create a subdomain, you can't install it in the folder of that subdomain. Please note that creating a subdomain means nothing else to you other than creating a subfolder, and registering the subdomain in the DNS system. It by no means affect anything on your site. You can then go on and treat the subdomain as if it was a simple subfolder of your public_html folder. So, if you simply call your subdomain soho, you will be able to work either as www.soho.domain.com and as www.domain.com/soho
                  Navaldesign

Comment

وش تقول لك راعه ماتعرف تتكلم لبوك نقره في نخرتك

تعال يالمصقوع يالنذل تنت عربي شيخ القبايل

Comment

Yea, just great
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                      X