SSL Certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL Certificates

1) All SSL certificates must be on a dedicated IP address.
    2) They are only valid for one domain name not any addons or sub-domains.
    3) If you want one that is valid for subdomains you must purchase what is called a wildcard ssl (Expensive)

Click the below for more data on this topic;

http://www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: SSL Certificates

Okay, Brad, I'm going to play the role of the newbie retard right now (don't worry, I'm good at it). Say I have an account with VH, I add a new domain name to that account and then request that it be made the primary domain on the account. I know this will require a complete account reset but is this a viable option if I want to add an SSL certificate to this domain?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Yes you can do this, you can only have a ssl on the primary domain name of the account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi there,
        I need to find a new host for my site. My current host told me I would be O.K to go ahead and get an SSL certificate for my site then when we asked for a reboot to complete the installation process we were told that they didn't realise it couldn't be done due to shared ip. The lesson- don't use a reseller that doesn't know their product.
        What I need is a new host that can provide dedicated virtual hosting and allow me to use the SSl cert. that I have already bought. Can voda host help? I didn't find any info on the site regarding dedicated ip plans, most importantly the cost. Sorry if this has been done a hundred times already.

Comment

Originally posted by julz
          The lesson- don't use a reseller that doesn't know their product.

What I need is a new host that can provide dedicated virtual hosting and allow me to use the SSl cert. that I have already bought. Can voda host help? I didn't find any info on the site regarding dedicated ip plans, most importantly the cost.
          VodaHost offers 24,000mb per account, which is a huge allowance. What kind of site do you have that would require more? (Extra space and bandwidth is available for additional cost) Your site, even with a Forum (with 47 enrolled members), still could not strain the parameters of a VodaHost account. Dedicated servers used to be the "Top Sell" a while ago, but really is not required unless you have definitive bandwidth needs, or are a financial institution (or similar) that needs to certifiably comply with absolute security issues, and then it would be a natural option to host yourself!

Security Certs are available from VodaHost and are issued one per account for an extremely modest cost.
          I suggest getting a refund from your previous supplier, opting instead for what is available from VodaHost - your one source solution.

You will find more of the specific features listed for your consideration here, which should assure you that you have finally found the right host....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X