Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Form HELP!

Hello,

I post this only because I think the Customer Support is getting sick of me :)

I have a form on my website where clients can "Request A Quote" from us regarding materials. I have followed ALL tutorials and more, and when the Submit button is pressed, an Internet Explorer screen pops up saying:
    "This form is being submitted by email. Submitting this form will reveal your email address to the recipient and will send the form data without encrypting it for privacy. Would you still like to continue? (I'm paraphrasing) "
    I have tried setting the form up with all of the 3 different encrypting types, but it still does it. My problem is that I deal with the government. If my customers (Navy, Army, DoD) see this message, they will think that their privacy is in jeopardy. Is there a way to get it off????

Also, the first line of my Item Name/Description etc only holds 6 letters, but the others can hold any amount, what am I doing wrong?...I'm going nuts here!!! :)

Check out my page and be afraid to play around with it

Re: I need Form HELP!

The reason its saying that is probably because your form action is an email address. The way to make this secure is to have the form action a php file that contains a script that will send the email and will check the fields.

Im guessing the reson the Item Name/Description only holds 6 letters is because you set the maxlength to 6, delete that out.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

The form you wish to set up is a php mailto form which you can find initial instructions here.
      http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

The one with field validation his here:
      http://netisopen.com/computer/TF005/T005.html

** For now- make sure to set a reasonable field Max Length in each
      field (name, email , address etc.....) I plan to have tutorial completed this weekend that will address the recent security concerns with forms on the internet. I will attach to each of the above tutorials. However- you should set up a form using either method to get familiar with it.

Post back to let us know how it goes and if you have any questions.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hello,
        I'm following the tutorial on how to set up the php, but I'm stuck in the beginning. I currently have an email address that is associated with my website and I'm trying to forward it to an account I have with Hotmail. I've tried testing all of the emails etc. but it doesn't seem to be forwarding anything. I'm not sure what to do next. Possibly take a vacation from this? :)

Comment

Do not forward. You don't need to. The new security pollicy of Vodahost allows for the email to be sent also to external email addresses, limiting only the number of emails that can be sent . So you simply need to put that email address in your script. Just follow Andy's tutorial and you will be ok. If not, post back and i'll see what i can do, or, if you want a proffessional script at low cost, click on Watdaflip's signature Form Scripting Service and use his services to solve your problem in 24 hours.

However, your form needs some adjustments. Rename the fields, as you have left the default T1 name on all of them.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

First, I just want to thank all of you guys for the help. I really appreciate it. Can ya tell this is my first time developing a website?? :)

I followed all of the instructions, and everything LOOKS correct, however I have a problem when I actually receive the form in my email. When I open it up, all of the information it shows is:

Values submitted from web site form:
            T1 :
            Submit : Submit
            S1 :

Everything works fine when sending it etc.. Now I just have to fix this and I think I'll be "good to go..." :)

Kristin

Comment

Have you followed navals advice and andy´s tutorial in so far as naming your fields ?????
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

You get the T! and S1 because your fields are named so. Go back in your form in BV, double click on EACH field, and give it his actual name, f.e. Name, Last Name, Address, Telephone, and so on. Otherwise, if all the fields have the same name, T1, each field's value will overide the previous one, and you will only get one value for all the fields called T1.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes I have named my fields.

Comment

Field names must be unique. You cant have 5 fileds named "Item", 5 named "Part#" and 5 "Quantity". Name them "Item1", "Item2" and so on, then "Item1Part#", "Item2Part#", and so on, and "Quantity1", ..........
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Krindone:

Most of your fields will work ok now but your item, part and quantity
                      fields all have the same name.

If you change the names ie. item1, item2 etc.
                      part1, part2 and so on your form should work ok.....

I would also suggest that you verify some of the important fields after you have a working form.
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

oopss - two minds alike..............
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Comment

Done!

Do you think anything more needs to be done?

Comment

One more thing...

I've had multiple people view my website. Some people say that it looks fine, while others say that somethings are off center (when I know they're not). Is it the because of different browsers? Just curious.

Comment

I can't see anything off center. Your entire pages though are not centered. And there is a strange thing: in some pages, under your header, there is another image (another header) . I can see that it exceeds the main header for 3 - 5 mm to the right.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X