Publishing Problem!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Problem!!

Hi, My name is Suresh V.S.M. Nair (primary email neier12@xs4all.nl). I have just published a website (www.debestevakanties.nl) with Blue Voda. It was registered with a Dutch company and yesterday they "pointed" the name servers towards Blue Voda's servers. Today the URL works but when I enter this domain name in my browser, I see the entire directory named separately as index.html; allin.html and a whole bunch of GIF files. Why is this? Why doesn't the index page just download like its supposed to? Please advise. The links between my pages work fine.

Also, I must have seen this on a tutorial, but how can I delete unwanted html files from my public_html folder?

You guys have a great support system going, so I'm pretty optimistic my problem will be solved soon and my webpage will FINALLY be up.

Also, do I have to submit my page to search engines or will you do this for me?

Thanks
    Suresh

Re: Publishing Problem!!

Hi Suresh!

Have you named your index page (homepage) correctly?

It should be simply index - ensure that it is in lower case letters only.

When your site is completed, published and you are happy with it, you can submit a support ticket to VH and request their 'one-off' search engine submission.

To delete unwanted pages and files either use the file manager in your control panel or BlueFTP through BLueVoda.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Publishing Problem!!

Dear GirlOnTheHill,

Brilliant! I had my index page saved as Index, made the changes and now it works! Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Cheers
      Suresh

Comment

Working...
      X