Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions

Hi again ..

I followed the excellent post pilotchip wrote about independent nav bars (using iframes). It mostly works but I have a strange problem. Can someone please look at my website (link in signature). Notice that on the home page, the nav buttons and logo image ("SG") on the left side are fine.

Click on the "Welcome" button so the welcome page loads. Notice that the logo has been duplicated. I checked the pages, and there is no extra image anywhere; plus I am targeting links to open in "_top" as instructed. Any idea why the image is being duplicated?

Second question; although my home page centers as it is set to center in browser; my Welcome page does not center but goes to the left of the page (although it is set to center in browser) - any idea why?

Thanks in advance :)
    TS

Re: Two questions

Originally posted by Americankiwi
    Hi again ..

I followed the excellent post pilotchip wrote about independent nav bars (using iframes). It mostly works but I have a strange problem. Can someone please look at my website (link in signature). Notice that on the home page, the nav buttons and logo image ("SG") on the left side are fine.

Click on the "Welcome" button so the welcome page loads. Notice that the logo has been duplicated. I checked the pages, and there is no extra image anywhere; plus I am targeting links to open in "_top" as instructed. Any idea why the image is being duplicated?

Second question; although my home page centers as it is set to center in browser; my Welcome page does not center but goes to the left of the page (although it is set to center in browser) - any idea why?

Thanks in advance :)
    TS
    I have no idea about the logo duplicating, sorry. The centering problem - double check that your pages are set to 800px page width - make this the very last thing that you do before saving and publishing. If that doesn't fix it then you may have something, that you can't see, overlapping the 800px line on your page. Check by doing a click drag (lassoe) down that side of the page to see if it picks anything up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for trying to help, Amanda! ...but that wasn't the answer. :/

They are set to 800x600 and there is nothing overlapping.

I wonder if I should write a 'support ticket' for these two problems? (Where do I go to do that?)

TS

Comment

Look ok with me, there is no double logo in your welcome page, i am using large screen with resolution 1024x768 and your page is exactly in the center of my browser
        Nyoman

Comment

Hi,

Your web site is fine, display is fine, centered, the logo doesn't duplicate, I don't know how, but can you see what's your windows display properties setting.

Maybe it's just an internal prob, but I can navigate properly in you web site.

Advice: go to microsoft.com and download explorer 7 beta, it's pretty nice.

Nite Producer
          The Producer

Comment

lol - Just as you two were posting I did some experimenting, which apparently fixed it.

I initially had a page 'Welcome.html' and had made a 'welcome.html' ... so had to delete the capitalized version - it was loading an old page, which explained it not centering.

The other problem of duplicating logo was solved when I changed the target from "_top" to "_parent"

I honestly don't know *exactly* what those mean; does anyone know what all the targets mean, exactly?

And I will have a look at that link..thanks!

TS

Comment

Happy that you get it, for the Targets (I'm not sure), but it means I guess how the page will open in the same window or open another window and some else but I don't know which is which, cuz I didn't try it yet, but I guess the supervisors here will explain more.

Nite Producer
              The Producer

Comment

Just did a search and found this in another post:

Blank - Loads the page in a new window
                Self - Loads the page in the same window
                Parent - Used in iframes, will load in the outer page instead of the page in the iframe
                Top - Loads in the top frame

I guess where it gets confusing is - for my nav bar buttons in the iframes, I'm using _top, whereas for the logo image in the iframes, I'm using _parent - dunno why it works that way, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth! (If anyone can elaborate it would be good to know) :) -TS

Comment

Great,

So now you helped me to know more. hehe

Thanks
                  The Producer

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to reply.. I'm glad I could help too! lol :)

Comment

Working...
                    X