PDA

View Full Version : New Explorer - Amazing

Nite Producer
06-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone, did you download the latest version of explorer, go to microsoft.com and take it for free it's version 7 beta, I like it and it's Amazing.

Nite Producer.

Nyoman
06-08-2006, 01:31 AM
absolutely agree http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon7.gif

VodaHost
06-08-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm glad you like it, I think it is complete rubbish (way too heavy & bulky). Firefox is much better.

Watdaflip
06-08-2006, 03:31 AM
I don't like the fact there is what seems like a thousand steps to install... and they want you to verify your copy of windows... and then provide your SS number, credit card, sign over your life, and then your soul...

Just too much of a pain when I will still use FF anyway.. so i closed out of the install once it wanted my to validate my copy of windows... if they really want user input during their beta testing of it they shouldn't make it so much of a hassle

Nite Producer
06-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Well, maybe it's just a microsoft procedure to verify that your windows copy is original, nothing much, and it didn't ask me to sign my life, they just verify my windows copy and then gave me the install.

why explorer and NOT FIREFOX? well, I guess you know that there is some commands and options which don't work in firefox if the web site is done in blue voda, like the add music background in page properties, when you publish, you open your page in firefox, the music is not here, and it's tooooooooooo sllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww, to open a page with animation and videos.

I didn't have any probs with explorer, it's the best for me, and each one of us is feeling good with something different.

But nice to share with you guys.

VodaHost
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
The world don't move to the beat of just one drum http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon10.gif

Aliens Anonymous
06-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Version 7 What can i say, but what a load old tosh, downloaded it worked ok for a day then start up i get cannot preload x. then it started jamming or stopping coresing freeze frame no respones, resolting in pulling the plug. also the dame thing sometimes forgets to shut down. so you can't shut your computer down because it thinks theres a program running. i've down seven virus scans in the last two days thinking i did a bug. only to find out it was the version 7. have now got rid of it and installed firefox.
have now recieved notice from microsoft that there are security files that i should have for the program aahhhhhhhh get it right Bill i now your retiring but don't give us a load of s###t

Girlonthehill
06-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Version 7 What can i say, but what a load old tosh, downloaded it worked ok for a day then start up i get cannot preload x. then it started jamming or stopping coresing freeze frame no respones, resolting in pulling the plug. also the dame thing sometimes forgets to shut down. so you can't shut your computer down because it thinks theres a program running. i've down seven virus scans in the last two days thinking i did a bug. only to find out it was the version 7. have now got rid of it and installed firefox.
have now recieved notice from microsoft that there are security files that i should have for the program aahhhhhhhh get it right Bill i now your retiring but don't give us a load of s###t
Nicely put, Alien! Lol
It's pants!

Aliens Anonymous
06-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi Amanda
Tell me about it, still cleaning up the mess.

bill2006
06-25-2006, 05:23 PM
IE7 ? Now way..installed it and problems started right away. PC would freeze, hang and take a break. The help desk was extremely geeky (no offense). Back to IE6 and FireFox.

Mihir
06-30-2006, 12:30 AM
For me IE 7 works very good on all kinds of sites, maybe you(those who are getting problems) are doing a mistake.

VodaHost
07-20-2006, 08:19 PM
For me IE 7 works very good on all kinds of sites, maybe you(those who are getting problems) are doing a mistake.

What might be right for you.......

FPRob
08-07-2006, 02:47 PM
But it will still always access and load pages slower than Firefox and.. I notice in the lastest Explorer they have done little more than use all of Firefoxes ideas such as tabbed browsing etc.. See thelight eveybody... Browse the net with real speed (especially when it comes to loading pics). Get Firefox

;)

ez-ez
08-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Did they actually bring out 5, 6, and 7..??? and I thought I was so advanced with IE4........

Kidding.. But I have heard that IE7 is bugs allover.

FPRob
08-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Good point EZ..... I have neverheard of an Microsoft program that isn't full of bugs hahaha... He says as he bows in worship to the mighty FrontPage LOL

motoxxx
04-20-2007, 08:18 AM
IE 7 has even more bloat code than the other versions. I didn't think it was possible. It is really funny to me that some people (the majority of them in the world) use IE because it came bundled on their systems and that is what they know. Using FireFox makes the whole internet much faster. The rest of the world is slowly catching on to FireFox. About time.

navaldesign
04-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Hmmm.... IE might not be the best, but FF is still very low on preferences.

Vasili
04-20-2007, 08:35 PM
In less than 4 years, Microsoft's Chief software architect Ray Ozzie revealed that they will be moving from "bundled packages" into internet-based functions entirely (Windows Live!), so I suggest not being swayed by current and soon-to-be-unveiled marketing campaigns regarding utilities, OS, or other tools.

The pressure to "upgrade" to IE7, Office 2007, and Vista (even by building in redundancies and traps via the constant barrage of auto-updates on unsuspecting user systems) is completely overshadowed by the impending quantum shift to Vienna (the successor to Vista), scheduled for release in 2009.

This shift by Microsoft from providing "stand-alone" systems to requiring web-based licensing makes a pretty good case for savvy developers to consider migrating to other independent (and more reliable?) utilities and systems, such as your mentioned FireFox browser, ACT for email and information connectivity (rather than Office), and other open source OS (already available and touted as "best of breed").
* Interesting thought: If the industry is moving everything to web-based applications, how soon should we expect the monopoly of ISP's to start raising monthly connection fees through the roof?? Makes a lot more sense to support the Free Net bills moving through Congress even now.....

"Preferences" do not usually indicate intelligent progress, but like trends and other variables, constantly change according to opportunity (or so they should!).

Source: Optmize Magazine, March 2007 "Update: Is Microsoft in The Groove?" (http://optimizemag.com/otherdept/incubator.jhtml?publishDate=03/01/2007)
IMO

racefan20
04-21-2007, 08:29 AM
IE 7 has even more bloat code than the other versions. I didn't think it was possible. It is really funny to me that some people (the majority of them in the world) use IE because it came bundled on their systems and that is what they know. Using FireFox makes the whole internet much faster. The rest of the world is slowly catching on to FireFox. About time.

IE sucks, but so does FireFox. I don't use either one, but I'd choose IE over FF any day because FF conflicts with so many web applications.

racefan20
04-21-2007, 08:32 AM
In less than 4 years, Microsoft's Chief software architect Ray Ozzie revealed that they will be moving from "bundled packages" into internet-based functions entirely (Windows Live!), so I suggest not being swayed by current and soon-to-be-unveiled marketing campaigns regarding utilities, OS, or other tools.

The pressure to "upgrade" to IE7, Office 2007, and Vista (even by building in redundancies and traps via the constant barrage of auto-updates on unsuspecting user systems) is completely overshadowed by the impending quantum shift to Vienna (the successor to Vista), scheduled for release in 2009.

This shift by Microsoft from providing "stand-alone" systems to requiring web-based licensing makes a pretty good case for savvy developers to consider migrating to other independent (and more reliable?) utilities and systems, such as your mentioned FireFox browser, ACT for email and information connectivity (rather than Office), and other open source OS (already available and touted as "best of breed").
* Interesting thought: If the industry is moving everything to web-based applications, how soon should we expect the monopoly of ISP's to start raising monthly connection fees through the roof?? Makes a lot more sense to support the Free Net bills moving through Congress even now.....

"Preferences" do not usually indicate intelligent progress, but like trends and other variables, constantly change according to opportunity (or so they should!).

Source: Optmize Magazine, March 2007 "Update: Is Microsoft in The Groove?" (http://optimizemag.com/otherdept/incubator.jhtml?publishDate=03/01/2007)
IMO

With all due respect, my friend, you be full of poo-poo. lol

Aliens Anonymous
04-21-2007, 04:34 PM
ouch

Vasili
04-21-2007, 06:54 PM
With all due respect, my friend, you be full of poo-poo. lolHmm. Seems like an oxymoron!

The article is there, Microsoft is pretty open about the directions they are moving in, the industry is moving to web applications......did I miss something?

Not that I have even begun to wrap my brain around using an OS that seems to me like a calculus class, but do you see an alternative to the model (Linux, RedHat, whatever) discussed that I do not?

PS: I think I have pretty much made up my mind to shift to the browser in ACT anyway, seeing as I have been having so much trouble recently with IE and connectivity in general. It seems to be much more stable and universal that FF, Mozilla, Slim, etc., and is not hooked into AOL's ad schemes. Do you have any recommendations other than what has been discussed (for the rest of us not using Vista)?

darklight
04-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Im not too keen on it. Freezes alot and crashes my computer. Although, saying that, it hasnt done it for a while.

Aliens Anonymous
04-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Did you no that when you upgrade to vista ie7 changes.

navaldesign
04-23-2007, 06:33 AM
I use Vista and IE 7 and, to be honest i do not have any problems at all.
I also use IE 6 and XP and that works ok also.

The only problem i had with IE 7 was gettting used to the new tab type surfing, and "memorizing" the visual changes in the toolbars and buttons.

navaldesign
04-23-2007, 06:34 AM

But i prefer to build my pages optimized for the browser that 85 % of the people use.

I do not have the means (power or money or luck) to be a *******.....

racefan20
04-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Do you have any recommendations other than what has been discussed (for the rest of us not using Vista)?

Yeah, Maxthon, which I've recommended many times. It's IE based, but it is so much better than IE. It actually runs better on a non-Vista machine, but I like it with my current configuration as well. There are two versions of it, and Maxthon2 should only be used on a Vista enabled pc.

BTW, I was kidding about the full of poo-poo thing, I just like to annoy people once in a while.

Vasili
04-23-2007, 07:19 PM
I do not have the means (power or money or luck) to be a *******..... Not directed to you, General!
Merely a statement that preferences do change, often according to inherently unfair influences that are part of a "grand scheme" as opposed to true freedom of choice! http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

I (for one) am not looking forward to massive system changes as "prescribed" by Micorsoft's habit of developing new technologies whilst building in redundancy of previous releases. I have become to think that there might be something to the "open source Community" thinking after all......although it will mean a lot of work on my part to preserve my independence!!

navaldesign
04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I do NOT take it pesonally Vasili, i just thought that if i have to do an online job, i would do everything to be able to catch as many clients as possible, so i would go for those who statistically use IE and then think about the others.

Also, i consider that IE doesn't have all those problems, at least i have not encountered them. It might be just a question of settings, as i do not "push" too much my browser.

And, IE7, i find, is reliable (at least now, after development) and offers many things that other browsers need to implement as pluggins etc.

AmaDee
04-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I for one prefer IE7 even though if you had asked me a couple of weeks ago I would have been like, EI who? With a slow connection, maybe IE is not the choice as it tends to be painfully handicapped.

But from a designer who uses BlueVoda and ONLY BlueVoda to design sites, I prefer IE because so far (that I know of, and I am no expert), it is the only browser that showcases all of bv's features. Like, page transitions, scrollbars modifications, and I'm sure more that I haven't tried.

So, for all of you IE haters (VodaHost, Shame on YOU of all people), tell the bv programmers to have those features accessable across the board. Then, and only then, will I not be disgusted by such **** I'm hearing. Just because you have a ****py system is not Microsoft's fault.

Smile, boys...

navaldesign
04-26-2007, 08:16 PM
General Vodahost was posting this almost 9 months ago, and IE7 WAS rubbish at that time, with so many lots of bugs that would practically freeze all the time.

I do agree that FF is faster, as it much lighter. If you do install all the pluggins that IE7 has by default, i think that FF would also become heavy and slower.

However, it is also a matter of personal opinion, and i DO like IE

Winntec
05-03-2007, 08:42 PM
The browser wars continue!
Thanks Racefan I'm going to try your Maxthon for the simple reason that right now IE7's gone strange - after the last load of updates from MSFT I get hangs and crashes.

Firefox which I like doesn't do well with BlueVoda - as someone above said so please let's get it compatible - depending on which stats you read Firefox is now anywhere from 5-12% and maybe more of browser users so think that rates it #2 right now.

Anyway as 88-95% of users use IE and if we're using BlueVoda then that's what we have to design for.

But again a second plea to have BV totally Firefox compatible - Please.

whiteshepherd
05-09-2007, 10:52 PM
I loved IE7 for a while but last night it just drove me crazy ... won't download ... freezes everything ... this morning froze up ... loads ever so slowly ... I suspected it was an IE problem last night ... not computer ... now I don't know what to do to fix it ... I am so computer illiterate ... I just want something that is not going to cause me problems ...

I am going to have to try to solve the problem somehow today ... coming here has confirmed what I suspected about IE7 ...

AmaDee
05-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah, it can be a piece of junk, but for now it seems bvders are stuck with it because many of the features are predominantly optimized for IE...what can do you?

whiteshepherd
05-09-2007, 11:55 PM
I have not been able to access the web for more than 14 hours because of this problem ... every time I try it freezes my whole system and says internet explorer not responding ... I can not even close down correctly .... does anyone know where I go to get help? It's useless to try on line as I cannot even get on line any more ...

bonnybonny3
05-10-2007, 12:36 AM
there was this two boys chatting one day.
one of the boys tells his friend, are you a villager?
ofcourse for something the other boy said.
he answers, but the world is a global village.
therefore, we are all villagers.

Girlonthehill
05-10-2007, 01:56 AM
Yeah, it can be a piece of junk, but for now it seems bvders are stuck with it because many of the features are predominantly optimized for IE...what can do you?

You, nor anyone else have to be 'stuck' with it. There are many alternatives out there which, IMO, are superior to IE7. I use Maxthon, as Racefan mentioned earlier in the thread, and I never have any problems. I let IE7 reside on my pc but NEVER use it for anything. Go to Download.com and search for browsers - you will find many.

AmaDee
05-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Thanks, Amanda. I use FF for most of my browsings. But I just noticed that many of the features available in bv are not compatible. That why I said we are stuck, because if I add such a feature, I would recommend my clients to view the site in IE to get the full experience.

whiteshepherd
05-10-2007, 03:45 AM
thanks everyone ... if I can get on the internet long enough without 'hell' freezing over I will download maxthon ... otherwise I will have to do it from work via using my portable disc ...

of course Microsoft were only of little help ... and UI will take their suggestion of unintalling IE7 and reverting back to 6 ... but they did say 6 would only be supported for a few months ... aarghh .. frustration

racefan20
05-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks, Amanda. I use FF for most of my browsings. But I just noticed that many of the features available in bv are not compatible. That why I said we are stuck, because if I add such a feature, I would recommend my clients to view the site in IE to get the full experience.

That's the beauty of Maxthon. It's IE based, you'll see the web as you would with IE, but it runs differently than IE. Less bloat, less issues all around.

AmaDee
05-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Hmmm, I better look into it then, because IE is more problem than it's worth.

LadyEye
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
thanks everyone ... if I can get on the internet long enough without 'hell' freezing over I will download maxthon ... otherwise I will have to do it from work via using my portable disc ...

of course Microsoft were only of little help ... and UI will take their suggestion of unintalling IE7 and reverting back to 6 ... but they did say 6 would only be supported for a few months ... aarghh .. frustration

IE7 is merely an update, go to add & remove programs and remove IE7, your computer should revert back to 6 ... Set your computer to download updates automatically, however always choose custom install, take what is critical and only what you need ... you can also set it so that IE 7 never shows up as an update again ... Good Luck!

AmaDee
05-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Just downloaded Maxthon and it is working like a pro. Thanks for the recommendation, Race and Amanda.

Girlonthehill
05-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Just downloaded Maxthon and it is working like a pro. Thanks for the recommendation, Race and Amanda.

Top banana! You shouldn't have any issues with it, it really is a fantastic browser. I absolutely love it and it's great fun setting it up and learning about all the stuff it can do. Enjoy!

LadyEye
05-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Top banana! You shouldn't have any issues with it, it really is a fantastic browser. I absolutely love it and it's great fun setting it up and learning about all the stuff it can do. Enjoy!

You wanted a banana Amanda ... here you go, Enjoy!! lol

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/thishour/ban1.gif

AmaDee
05-10-2007, 01:16 PM
yeah, it looks really good. The first thing I did when I installed was to go a one of my creations with the altered scrollbar and another with page trans. and it all worked! Yeah!

Vasili
05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
General Vodahost was posting this almost 9 months ago, and IE7 WAS rubbish at that time, with so many lots of bugs that would practically freeze all the time.

I do agree that FF is faster, as it much lighter. If you do install all the pluggins that IE7 has by default, i think that FF would also become heavy and slower.

However, it is also a matter of personal opinion, and i DO like IELOL !! ..... Katalaveno, General!!! http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon10.gif

It just takes a little longer for some to understand the "big picture," that's all........that's why Forums are so colorful!

LOL

AmaDee
05-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Ok, fair enough...I apologize for being off base. As you can see, the post has been deleted, but I am still apologizing for the misunderstanding.