mp3s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3s?

I wasn't sure where to put this question, so I apologize if it's in the wrong spot.
    I have installed an SMF forum on my site. I have an **** style jukebox on the homepage of the forum, but i can't get the music to play. The catch is this...the jukebox plays mp3s only. I know BV only plays .wav files, so I guess what I'm wondering is will the BV servers not hanle mp3 files at all??

if you can help i'll be grateful.

thanks,
    weez

Re: mp3s?

BV servers will play mp3's with no problem. My guess is maybe there's something small you've missed in your setup. What jukebox are you using?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I'm using coffeecup jukebox, i think it's V4.0.

Comment

Okay, and where did you find the instructions for adding it to your forum?
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by weezer
          I wasn't sure where to put this question, so I apologize if it's in the wrong spot.
          I have installed an SMF forum on my site. I have an **** style jukebox on the homepage of the forum, but i can't get the music to play. The catch is this...the jukebox plays mp3s only. I know BV only plays .wav files, so I guess what I'm wondering is will the BV servers not hanle mp3 files at all??

http://maryverse.madriaart.com/forum/index.php

if you can help i'll be grateful.

thanks,
          weez
          If you go to properties and background, you can set the file types to all files types and it will add MP3s mp3 is just not listed

Comment

I followed the instructions provided with the coffeecup jukebox exactly...all the necessary files, along with the mp3's have been FTP'ed to the proper directories on the server and the HTML code needed to display the player has been cut and pasted into the proper place in my page. The player is on the page, but it just doesn't play any of the music files.

Comment

weezer-

My first thought would be to delete everything and start over. Often it is something small that we over look. I like the concept though. Pretty cool. I ran a cross a multi-pick player script just the other day. Not as fancy as this one. That script has a simple control panel with a drop-down menu.

Anyway- I hope you get this going.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I hope i get it going too andy...but, i think i like ur advice...i'm gonna s**** it and start again . i'll keep my fingers crossed this time. i'll let you know what happens.

Comment

You rock Andy! i cleared it all out and started over, and it works great now. thanks for the help....again.

Comment

Cool!! Glad it worked.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                    X