Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta Tags, Keyword, author.

Hello, Good morning, evening.
    On checking my google site stats and robot text today. i have noticed something strange. though everything is looking good no errors and pages showing up you would say what is he moaning about. well on the the page in google that shows your site stats that gives you the page rankings for your site, there sitting right at the top with highest page ranking is my Area 51 pages, "great" .
    Now the problem with this is those page have no Meta Tags, No Keywords, and No Author. They are not even on my ROR.
    So my Question is to you my friends. If these things are that inportant then why would pages with none of these RANK higher than page that conform to the rules.
    your Suggestions on and postcard please.
    ( The reason these pages have no keyword, tags, etc is they were ment for my main form members only , though i did expect them to so up some time, but not so quick)

Re: Meta Tags, Keyword, author.

I give up.....whats the answer ????
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Beats me, Don't know how they found them in first place, they've only been up a couple of weeks.

Comment

I don't show a page rank at all for your area 51 pages - so I'm not sure how you're saying they have a higher rank?

But it's possible you've been linking to these pages - and people are going to them - and that means they'll be found quickly.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
          I don't show a page rank at all for your area 51 pages - so I'm not sure how you're saying they have a higher rank?

But it's possible you've been linking to these pages - and people are going to them - and that means they'll be found quickly.
          When you login to your google site map. there a pages that give you your highest ranking page . ( this does not mean they show up in the pagerank in your tool bar) it is what google classes as your highest ranked page. ie:
          Your page with the highest PageRank
          Jun http://www.aliensanonymous.org/area51.html
          May http://www.aliensanonymous.org/members_only.html
          Apr http://www.aliensanonymous.org/

Now for a page or pages with no meta tags, keyword, or author thats a bit strange. and my forum gets more visits than any of my pages.

Comment

Well, it goes to show what I say - that meta keywords and author mean nothing to major se's - it's the page itself, traffic TO the page and links TO the page that give it it's importance. So, if it's a new page and you're telling about it here and to friends, etc and it's generating the most traffic - that's your answer. Forums generally don't get the same ranking as pages with content.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X