contact form mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact form mail

contact form instead of sending info to my email it opens OE message form, with my signature. I want it to send info to address in the mailto:part of form when created. If I need to change text link how is this done? www.mayatabasco.com
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: contact form mail

You have set your form action in mailto: . If you want the form to send the email directly without involving the visitor's OE you need to setup a php file that will process the form info and will take care of sending the email. Please have a look at Andy's tutorials: http://netisopen.com/computer/web/webpagestuff.html
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks I was beginning to feel stranded. I know that is part o f the frustration I'm feeling. Thank you for the advice, I'll watch andy's tutorial again. The thing that isn't clear is that the tutorial seems to create the .php page and not explain much about the contact.html page. Does it need more also as far as telling it what to do or is that taking care of in the script.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I had a .php file with the script copied from the tutorial. ??????
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Sorry but you've got it wrong.
          1, The script MUST NOT be pasted in the form page, but in the "Thankyou" or "confirmation" or whatever you call it page.
          2. The action of your form is STILL set to "mailto:". You must change that. Please follow Andy's tutorial to the letter. The form action must be set to "thankyou.php" if you called your thankyou (and processing, at the same time) page this way.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, sorry about the lack of ..well u know.
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Re: contact form mail SORRY NO WORK

Sorry. I deleted the script from contact page saved republished. added script to .php form saved and re-published. I tested the contact.html and again I got the OE new message form. The script begins with type of form as public html does that make a difference if it is pasted into a .php extension form?
              Choco777
              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I changed the contact.html to action blank
                GET and it seems to have sent info but is not
                received at my email which IS working. the othe problem is I did not enter the </script>. but no OE window but still no go............
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Let's clarify things a little.

You need two separate pages: one with your form. Let's call it "contact". This page will be the one with the form, the one that you already have. Do NOT paste anything in this page. Just double click on the form, and set the action NOT to blank, but "action.php". Save it and publish it.

The second one, lets call it "action". This is infact your thankyou page. Create it in BV, as you would do for any other page, and save it. DO NOT publish it yet.
                  Then copy this script:

<?php
                  $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
                  $mailto = "email@address
                  ";
                  $mailsubj = "
                  Form submission
                  ";
                  $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                  reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                  $mailbody = "
                  Values submitted from web site form
                  :\n";
                  while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) { $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n"; }
                  if (!eregi("\n",$HTTP_POST_VARS[email])) { mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead); }
                  ?>

Paste this script in Notepad. Change the email address to be your email address, and if you want, change also the subject and the beggining of the message. In other words, the parts in red above.

Copy again the new, modified code from Notepad.

Now go back in your BV, in the "action" page.
                  Right click anywhere in the blank space of your page, and from the menu that opens, select "Page HTML". In the window that will open, click on "Inside body Tag". Now, paste the code in the bottom space. close it by clicking ok. Right click again anywhere in the blank space of your page, and select "Page properties". You will see that there is a field called "File extension". Select php from there. close this window by clicking ok.
                  Save the page "action" and publish it.

You're done.

If you need further help post back.
                  Last edited by navaldesign; 06-15-2006, 06:06 AM.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

o.k. very well explained thank you for the time. I did not find a page extension on the page properties.
                    it works the link from page to contact but I get a message no action.php found when i test action or thank you page.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

It isn't look like my reply went thru. I found no page extension on the page property. I tested it and I get a message that there is no action.php file found on the server.
                      Choco777
                      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Of course, because the "action" page has been published as html instead of php. The php extension setting is as i said above in page properties. look here:

Navaldesign

Comment

Again. With all the confidence in the world I say that is what I did.

I Created the action.php the Contact form

Copied script to notepad and then change the email.
                          I then recopied and pasted inside body tag of thank_you or action sheet. opened page props and checked php on extensions and saved both and published. I tested it and I still get the message no contact.php found on server.
                          I realize contact sheet is what you referred to as action sheet. That is the action.php and the other with the script is selected extension .php. RIGHT? If you can understand , great. I'm sorry and won't be opening other threads on this. I don't understand 'am I that stupid? don't answer. But thanks you are very patient.
                          Choco777
                          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Please send me your loggin info using My Form. I'll see to it.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Your form is "contact.html" The method must be sent to POST and not to GET.
                              The action must be set in "action.php". Create a page with a thankyou message (do NOT repeat the form page, just a thankyou message and a menubar for the visitor to be able to further navigate in your site). Paste the code as instructed above. Change the file extension in .php (in Page properties). Save the file on your computer as "action". Publish it.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X