Burton Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burton Weather

Hey guys, have a look at new website, http://www.burtonweather.com. Forecasts are national and for the local Burton area. Please take a look around and let us know what you think. Has all been built in BV, and the data collected from an Oregon weather station.

Cheers

thats http://www.burtonweather.com
    Tom

http://www.gfc-local.com
    your local directory, for Burton on Trent

Re: Burton Weather

hi just to let you know it takes quite a while to load possibly because you have a few quicktime things automaticly starting im broadband, secondly the m from .com top left front page is being overlapped, also i like the idea of the voice over for the latest weather but didnt like to sit and satir at a empty page maybe you might consider a sunny pic for sunny forcasts an rain for rain etc or just a collage or something, oh and why have you alink in the main title back to the front page when we are already there? mite help free up a bit of room, cheked a few links out not all and they work ok , apart from that it is a realy nice site and a good idea i like it any way
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

the only problem is it load extremely slow on my high speed connection, but other than that is a good website

Comment

Nice looking site, but my comment would be about how often you update it? Looked at it earlier this am and it still showed Monday's weather as the latest.

A site like this would need to have up to the minute info.

Loads and works well otherwise.
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Re: Burton Weather, Team replies.

Hi everyone,

We have been working as a team on this site for some 2 months or so and is now almost complete, just a few more tweaks.
          Thanks for the constructive comments, regarding the slow loading, yes a good point, will be making changes to the way the audio is presented.
          As for the weather update, the station auto updates to the Internet every half hour, I did have major problems with my Internet connection on Monday evening, so that would explain the reason for lack of updates, should be ok now, fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the comments we will be working to improve the speed and look of the site.

Regards

Paul
          www.burtonweather.com

Comment

Hi,
            Nice logo !
            Took me a few minutes before I figured out where you're at, had to go to "Click to enter site" .

Your e-mail button is hidden, might want to change the text color. Same with your RED message, too fast and red on green gives the illusion of shaking. Maybe softening the red or providing a backgorund for the news line would help.

Good luck
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

G'day Paul.. Nice work mate.. One comment though, top left hand corner, can you bring the Logo (BURTONWEATHER.COM) to the front of the page so that it is on top on the Animated image.. If you look, you'll notice that part of the word .com is hidden beneath the image. Or even maybe you can make it smaller.. Just an observation.. a part from that, the site look mighty dandy.

Comment

Thanks bill and Ez for the comments, will take all these tips on board and work to improve the look of the site.

Paul
                www.burtonweather.com

Comment

Working...
                X