Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal??!!

Hi there
    ive published my website and is up and running its just when you type in my site visionlandscapes into google the search results show that i have 2 index pages! one of them has www.visionlandscapes.net at the bottom of the description and the other one has visionlandscapes.net
    why is this ?
    ive checked my public html and only one index page is there
    im confused
    please help
    thanks
    robobobo
    Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
    Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
    www.visionlandscapes.ie
    [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Re: Is this normal??!!

Originally posted by robobobo
    Hi there
    ive published my website and is up and running its just when you type in my site visionlandscapes into google the search results show that i have 2 index pages! one of them has www.visionlandscapes.net at the bottom of the description and the other one has visionlandscapes.net
    why is this ?
    ive checked my public html and only one index page is there
    im confused
    please help
    thanks
    Your domain works both ways that is all. It can be used with or without the www. They both access the same index and other pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
      Your domain works both ways that is all. It can be used with or without the www. They both access the same index and other pages.
      but why is it there twice because the other pages arent like that?
      robobobo
      www.visionlandscapes.ie
      [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Yes.. The top link is your page title as you gave it to google when you submitted your website. The bottom one is the actual page URL. If you are to change your page title to 'WELCOME TO VISION LANDSCAPE' that title will be displayed but will remain linked to your www.visionlandscapes.net. Notice how other websites have different page titles, and how these titles are linked to the URL which is at the bottom in green color.

Tip: Giving your page a title that contains the likely search keywords strengthens your ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
          Yes.. The top link is your page title as you gave it to google when you submitted your website. The bottom one is the actual page URL. If you are to change your page title to 'WELCOME TO VISION LANDSCAPE' that title will be displayed but will remain linked to your www.visionlandscapes.net. Notice how other websites have different page titles, and how these titles are linked to the URL which is at the bottom in green color.

Tip: Giving your page a title that contains the likely search keywords strengthens your ranking.
          no its not that bit its the bit at the very bottom of the information where the url is
          ive changed the titles its just google havent updated them yet
          robobobo
          www.visionlandscapes.ie
          [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Like Amanda said, the World Wide Web prefix is not always used in url addresses displayed by google, but whether it is displayed or not, they both refer to the same index page.. I am just gussing now that if at the time of submitting your website you didnt include the www in the url address google will display it without it... I think that is what happened in the case of cloodo.com as well.. In any case, you shouldnt be concerned, both url's point at the one index page you have.

Comment

Originally posted by robobobo
              but why is it there twice because the other pages arent like that?
              Because it's your index page. Your domain name ONLY leads to your index page - no others, unless you add the page to the end of the URL. It is nothing to worry about.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok thanks for your help
                robobobo
                www.visionlandscapes.ie
                [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X