newbie - watched videos several times, read forum for hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie - watched videos several times, read forum for hours

Okay, I've got my home page. I've made the menu bar. When I click th ebuttons in previews, they don't link up. I haven't transferred my domain name from GoDaddy so it goes to the place where go daddy is holding the site name.

I typed in the URLs as I was creating the buttons. I didn't think I was supposed to add the "html" ending when I typed in URL. (I know it says to type in full URL, but I thought that was just up to html.)

I went back and added the html ending to a couple of buttons to see if it would work. Still nothing.

Also, I've created the home page which I wanted to be the "shell" for the other pages". I saved this page as index, but as a template. Can I now just cope that page to the remaining pages? Or do I have to recreate the basic page over and over again. I read earlier that someone had a problem becaue they tried to just copy the basic page.

Thank you. I appreciate the help!

Re: newbie - watched videos several times, read forum for hours

You have to publish the pages. They will not link in preview unless they are published.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

To repeat your template, you can either "clone" the page, and then save it with the new name, or, if you have saved it as a template, when you open a new page, "Open from Template", then make the changes you want and save it with the new name. The links (in your buttons" should be complete, f.e. http://www.yourdomain.com/pagename.html . Link between your pages will only work after you have published them, as CarbonTerry already said above, and, last, but most important, you must have a Vodahost account, to publish your pages.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much. That makes life a lot easier. I would have tried to get those links to work forever if you guys hadn't filled me in. And cloning is GREAT!

Thanks again!

Rita

Comment

yes, i had the same problem but thanks to the reply to this post, i was able to fix it.

Comment

Working...
          X