the magic dot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the magic dot

I first discovered how when making a new site, you could clone off the index and save a lot of time placing adds, links and background. Now I discovered the magic dot. When I made the pages in BV, I noticed they were a little shorter when I perviewed them, and my home link, which I always like putting on the bottom of all my pages was scrunched up and crying for elbow room. If you look at my pages now,(the ones that are done), you'll notice a small dot on the bottom of the page, well below the home link. That's because the BV program is lazyer than me, and makes the bottom of the page where ever it finds the last information. Just put in a text box drag it to the bottom of the page and type a dot. A magic dot.

Re: the magic dot

Originally posted by circuspet.com
    I first discovered how when making a new site, you could clone off the index and save a lot of time placing adds, links and background. Now I discovered the magic dot. When I made the pages in BV, I noticed they were a little shorter when I perviewed them, and my home link, which I always like putting on the bottom of all my pages was scrunched up and crying for elbow room. If you look at my pages now,(the ones that are done), you'll notice a small dot on the bottom of the page, well below the home link. That's because the BV program is lazyer than me, and makes the bottom of the page where ever it finds the last information. Just put in a text box drag it to the bottom of the page and type a dot. A magic dot.
    I agree, I don't like the claustrophobic appearance. I do the same with a background coloured (although now you can use transparent) shape.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I agree, I also use the 'magic dot' (with the same color as the background) to push the text away from the side a little in a table cell.

Comment

Ok first one to find the magic dot wins, i'll go first on this page.
        http://www.aliensanonymous.org/gallerys8.html

Sorry could not resist it.

Comment

Good idea Langlois I was so impressed with the idea I failed to expand on it. Dot same color as background, hum... Just like Aliens albino in a snow storm. lol So its settled then the invisable magic dot

Comment

Aliens, That dot thingy doesnt work in Firefox, only in IE.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
            royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Oh Bum, does anything work in firefox

Comment

NOPE!
                That's why the Fox got Fired!

Ask Mozilla why he is acting like an internet cabbie now instead of a ferocious monster that eats cities!!

LOL
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have found BV to be most compatable with microsoft products including
                  IE, don' throw the baby out with the bath water. Although competition keeps everyone on their toes I don't recomend other browsers.

Comment

I concur
                    Liz
                    www.sebastopolparty.com
                    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

me to

Comment

Working...