Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to insert "Comments" Box onto my webpages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to insert "Comments" Box onto my webpages?

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a site focusing on product reviews. How do I add a "Comment Box" at the bottom of each Product Review Webpage, so that visitors can add their own comments or suggestions (which can be moderated if I choose to). I want it to be something similar, like the bottom of this page.
    Sorry, I don't know much about scripts and programming, so I'll need all the help I can get from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Brendon
    http://www.fatlossmasterclass.com

Re: How to insert "Comments" Box onto my webpages?

It seems that you need to use a 'Form'. Best to familiarize yourself with using forms by going into the 'Forms' Section in the BlueVoda website Builder Forums.

But do not panic.. creating what you want is a simple process and the forum contains alot of references with all the codes you need to incorporate in your pages.

The benefit of using forms is that they can be processed as you want them, for example, after completing the Comments Form on your page, you may want it sent to your email so that you can view and publish it manually, alternatively, you can que it for publishing.. and so on.

Comment

Thanks for your help. But what I would like is for people to add in their own comments into the "Comments Box", press the "Submit Comments" button, and voila, the comments appear on the webpage, appended at the end of the page. I'd rather skip the tedious process of receiving the comments via email, then adding them manually to the webpage, followed by publishing the updated webpage again. As much as possible, I'd like it to be a smooth, automated process, with as little of my intervention as possible (unless it's to delete some unsavoury comment, that's all).
      I know, it sounds terribly LAZY, but I know it can be done, as long as I insert the right script. Ain't that true?

Originally posted by ez-ez
      It seems that you need to use a 'Form'. Best to familiarize yourself with using forms by going into the 'Forms' Section in the BlueVoda website Builder Forums.

But do not panic.. creating what you want is a simple process and the forum contains alot of references with all the codes you need to incorporate in your pages.

The benefit of using forms is that they can be processed as you want them, for example, after completing the Comments Form on your page, you may want it sent to your email so that you can view and publish it manually, alternatively, you can que it for publishing.. and so on.

Comment

The form must add the new comments in a database, and then you should have a piece of script that will be able to retreive the comments and display them in one or more pages at the bottom of your page, as the site that you gave us. I think Watdaflip can do it for you at a resonable price. Click on Form Scripting Service
        Last edited by navaldesign; 06-13-2006, 05:29 PM.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'll go check them out at once!

Originally posted by navaldesign
          The form must add the new comments in a database, and then you should have a piece of script that will be able to retreive the comments and display them in one or more pages at the bottom of your page, as the site that you gave us. I think Watdaflip can do it for you at a resonable price. Click on Form Scripting Service
          Last edited by navaldesign; 06-13-2006, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X