Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red X Showing

Hi,
    I added a hover button to my site (first time trying this). It works in Front Page but when I uploaded my site it shows a grey box with a red X. When I click refresh I can briefly see the graphic then the box comes back.

My website www.learn-to-play-guitar-secrets.com is an add-on domain to my main account. I uploaded both graphics (used in the hover button) into the graphics folder under public_html/learn-to-play-guitar-secrets. This is where the other graphics are which work fine.

At the bottom of the webpage on the bar(?) it says "Loading Java *****t Failed".

Could someone tell me how I fix this?

Thank you

Re: Red X Showing

Not only it didn't work, but it also crashed my IE
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So what do I do about it please?

Comment

I think that beeing this a java *****t, it requires a codebase, and in the code you should provide the path to that code. Please explain what excactly you want to accomplish and we can see if we can give you some other piece of code that will do the job. Should it be a simple rollover? with two images, (one normal, one for mouseover) linked to an external site?
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I just decided it was too complicated for me and I removed it. I was trying to following the instructions in my Front Page manual and it should have worked to change the image as the mouse hovers over it but oh well!

Thanks anyway.

Comment

FrontPages automatic hover command is a complete nightmare just like all of the other Insert Code options. Try looking into a litlle CSS. It looks very complicated at first but give yourself time and I guiarantedd that with a few hours effort you can start getting the hang of it within a day.

Do a search on the net for

CSS Image Maps (allows an image to be a link which changes when hovered over)

CSS Linking (allows for styling your regular hyperlinks using CSS)

CSS Images placement (how to place images in the correct place on a page using CSS)

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
            X