How to link my Video files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to link my Video files

Need a little help.... I have a few windows media files in a folder on my desktop My question is that i want to place an image on one of my web pages that is a clickable link to these types of files. C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\web_video\elvisdrunk.wmv (I took out one element of the file location) So when you click the image it opens these video files to view...Do you have to upload these files to a directory or can you just copy and paste this into the links box and then publish the page. Does BV Change this link when published because i don't want everyone to be able to see whats in my library of music and media files.. hope i explained this correct i am very new at this. thanks Dan
    Dan B...

Re: How to link my Video files

Unless someone has your loggin info, he can't see which files you have on your site, at least not if you put an index page in that folder, otherwise the content of the directory will come up. Upload the files in a folder, and just link your image to the file like www.yourdomain.com/foldername/filename.wmv

That index page doesn't need to be a real page, it can be even a blank page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naveldesign i will give that a shot
      Dan B...

Comment

Tried it!! and worked perfectly.... you da man Navel
        Thanks again
        Dan B...

Comment

Working...
        X