OK Here Goes Nothing !!!! Comments please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Here Goes Nothing !!!! Comments please

Well ive looked at many and wondered HOW DID THEY DO THAT!. Since getting on Bluevoda I now say I CAN DO THAT TOO !. As this is my VERY 1st site please be as critical as possible Have not finished all of the URLs and Pricing yet. Please note its English spelling on some words and some are just wrong!.
    Thanks to all that have helped me so far ! theres more to come.......

www.glomania.com

Regards ALber & Theresa.

Re: OK Here Goes Nothing !!!! Comments please

It looks pretty good for a first go.
    The things that I noticed were that the Glo Mania logo changed size and position on each page as did the colourful background. Also the colourful background has been stretched which makes it look a bit pixilated on the shadowy bits. The left hand menus need lining up as well as they are slightly out of line.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that i'll make changes accordingly. Have you noticed any changes to the left hand menus changing names? with the top menus
      Thanks for your comments

Comment

Hey, Albert!
        I would put in some info for "About Us" ASAP....you have a lot of other starts, but this is pretty important since you present a "charitable" aspect to your site....people want to know who/what they're dealing with! **Also, although I am unfamiliar with the UK stipulations of working with/promoting charitable enterprises, don't forget to include in your "About Us" all the legal disclosures required....
        (I like the fact you put the stars and planets on the ceiling of your hospice house! Kids love that, and it gives ideas on how to use your products!....as gleaned from the very grainy vid clip)
        I think it best to finish more content and interior elements (content) before reviewing further, as it is easier then to see the flow, continuity, and technical aspects -- right now it is still so open-ended that commenting would not serve too much real constructive purpose....but that's my perspective. I'll check back again soon.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi,
          Looking good.
          Your pages have a horizontal scroll, this might turn some people away. Also, your logo shows in the upper left corner (good size) and then again in the center (big), only on your main page.
          Contact Us page, you are using 4 or 5 different fonts, a bit distracting and you might want to add links to the e-mail addresses.

Good luck
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks you guys all comments truely noted.
            Bill ill alter the text fonts. what size do I make my pages to stop that as I have a 22" screen and it fits nice on mine.
            Vasili thankyou very constructive. How do I create a better more vidid video and yet keep down the load time. Want to show it off more. Its not a hospice but a hotel for the kids and their families to stay (Free of charge) who have 7 weeks or less. Ages of the children range from 1 to 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Glomania
              Thanks you guys all comments truely noted.
              Vasili thankyou very constructive. How do I create a better more vidid video and yet keep down the load time. Want to show it off more. Its not a hospice but a hotel for the kids and their families to stay (Free of charge) who have 7 weeks or less. Ages of the children range from 1 to 21.
              Very cool about the "hostel" aspect....I imagine this makes a great bit of influence on even the possibilities of planning a vacation for some....
              Ever think to have a "hidden" page where you post your vids, and merely "text" or "image" link to it, rather than have the control published?? This way, linking becomes a "target" issue rather than a load/reload issue. >>See the thread on Farida's website in this same Forum....

As far as definition of your video, I think that is more of a video issue than what can be addressed by BV. I did notice that the video itself pretty much showed a lot of wall and ceiling, so maybe re-editing it would be a good idea?

Do you agree that adding content and "meat to the bone" first is easier to then go back and tackle the petty technical issues?

Comment

Copied from earlier post:

Definitely keep your overall width at 800...showcase to all those who have not reset their screen from the "out-of-the-box" settings.....It may be true that more people are regarding 1024 as the new standard, more than 72% of world-wide computers are still set at 800 and running at turbo-dialup.....
                PS: It puts a little pressure on the creation of purer content, too..

Comment

thanks Vasili keep your eye on the site and I agree I need to focus on the meat.
                  Thanks again
                  Alber

Comment

Hey, Alber! Just checking back to see how things were going.
                    So....how are things going??? LOL
                    Looking forward to what you have done since you last published.....

Comment

well Ive changed the whole thing or should I say my wife has!!!!!
                      Should be re loading tomorrow evening with luck and a lot of stress.
                      Thanks for asking.
                      Regards

Comment

Cool beans!
                        Luck, and laughter....

Comment

Working...
                        X