contact forms being abused?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact forms being abused?

ive got 2 contact forms and now and then i get a couple of eamil messages from them with a load of numbers on them , when i test them they are ok for me is there a threat here or is it harmless ? the numbers are obviuosly computer generated but dont look familiar
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Re: contact forms being abused?

Originally posted by allstarfaces
    ive got 2 contact forms and now and then i get a couple of eamil messages from them with a load of numbers on them , when i test them they are ok for me is there a threat here or is it harmless ? the numbers are obviuosly computer generated but dont look familiar
    Why don't you have a look at the new FormMaker Pro that VH have just made available to customers? You may be able to design something that can stop bots from using your forms. Also have a look in the 'Tips and Tricks' forum at the thread Andy started about this sort of problem. There are ways around this though it may mean a little tweaking.

Here's the link:
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...y-problem.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X