Multi-page forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-page forms

Newbie on deck! I have a two page form (screens) which I would like to capture to a flat output file. Want form information to appear in the same order as inputted unto the form to appear in the output file. The first page will contain name, address, city & state & zip; the second page will contain gender (m/f), dob, nationality, email address. My question is how do I accomplish this task of getting into a flat file and how does a two page form pass the information to the output file? Sorry but very new to web data capturing. Thanks for any help on this problem.

Re: Multi-page forms

dasmoon,

When you say flat file- do you mean something you can print? Or do you want it part of a formated letter? Do you want to simply print this out from the screen or do you want to save it like a MS Word document or PDF File?

Do you have a URL to view what you are attempting to do?

When you have form contents sent to your e-mail -the are in effect a "flat" file in that you can simply print out the e-mail and save as you wish. This can be accomplished very easily with a php mail-to form set up. Here are two tutorials on the mail-to and multi page form set up;
    http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html
    http://netisopen.com/computer/TF002/T002.html

If this is not what you're looking for- let us know.

Cheers,

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

He means a .csv or .txt or .tab file that saves the info. It is an alternative to database storing, for small amounts of info.

Dasmoon, let me explain: a real multipage form requires passing over info from one page to the other, then to the submission script. It is easy to do using php, if you have the knowledge. Have a look at : http://www.navaldesign.info/Tips/multipleselection.php The script at the end will write the info in your file, and / or send it to your email. I suggest that you use Watadaflip's Form Scripting Service at a very reasonable price.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navaldesign,

Do you have instructions on how to accomplish this? If not- could you send me the script used to accomplish it and I will try to reverse figure it out. Or perhaps an article or other source. I have been researching how to do this for some time now and am running into a brick wall.

Thanks-

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I'll be posting in the tips & trics soon Andy. About multiple selection also.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval- Have a great day.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

navaldesign: That is correct! That is exactl what I want to accomplish is caputure the file into a .csv or text file with the same order of the screen (form) input. I'm not versed in php, but I will review your multipleselection php script and try to figure it out.

Andy Thanks for the response. Naveldesign big help thank you, now I know why there is a ranking system!

Comment

Thankyou, but i'm afraid you can't "reverse" figure it out. The code inside the pages is in php, which by default is not being displayed in the source code of the pages. And then, ofcourse, there is the final processing script, which doesn't even appear at all. I'll post about it in a couple of days if you have the patience.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Sure can- I have the patience. What I meant was for you to e-mail a copy of the php script used-and then I would use that to figure out how you did it by examining the form and script together.

But I can wait my friend. Take your time as I know you are busy.

Cheers-

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

navaldesign: Yes, Ditto! One must not be pushy when someone offers a helping hand, no rush I can wait. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X