Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to a word file or just copy ontp new page

Hi,

I've been so impressed with the sharing of knowledge in the forum. Everyone's so generous with their information and time. The tutorials with the forum support have made this very easy.

I'm in culinary school. I'm working on a project for class. I need cliets to be able to click on the recipe name and then another window will open with the recipe. I know how to link the pages and I know that the target on the page that opens should be _blank.

My question is how to write these recipes on the page...Is there an easy way to do this, i.e. Do I create a recipe template page where I can just paste the text from Word into the box and rename each page? If so, do I do this in a text box - because I also have pictures of the dishes I need to add? Do I need to uise HTML boxes for this?I'm rambling. I apologize. I hope that's clear. Basically, I have a lot of these to do, and I don't want to reformat every single page. And I don't know if I can use the text box and be able add a picture.

Thanks for the help!

Rita

Re: Linking to a word file or just copy ontp new page

Hi Rita..
    Here's what I think you should do:
    1. Create a template.
    In the template include all static components. Static components are the things that will apear on all pages like navigation menus, images.. etc. Important: The template must include all hyperlinks and styles otherwise you will have to receate the styles on every page.

2. Save as template. (give it a general name like 'recipes')

3. Add you first page content (Recipe)
    Adding Text:
    Prepate your text in Word, check spelling and grammar.
    Go to your template and open insert a text box.
    Copy the recipe from word into the text box you opened on the template.
    Adjust the text size, font, alignment.. etc and position it on the page as you want it to be.
    Add the recipe image and whatever other content you want to add to the page. Remeber, this is the content that will change from one page to another.

4. Once your page is complete, Go to 'File > Save page as.."
    Save you page. You will notice that tha page tag on the BV work space will change from 'recipes' to whatever name you give it.. example: steamed_salmon.

5. Now you are ready to do the next recipe page.. Got to 'File > Open > Templates > recipes...
    Repeat the process.

Your template should always come back in its original template look.. If you make a mistake and save the template with the content.. do not panic.. go to File > save as >
    save the page as a BV file..
    Then open your template again.. delete the additional content.. and just save and your template will be saved clear and ready to use again.

One final thing.. to find your template when you try to open it, make sure you chose 'All Files' in the Open File dialogue box right at the bottom.

I hope this helps.

Comment

To make it simple and professional I would create a template style recipe page. For example- the top would have your logo with pictures of utensils or what ever you like and one navigation button to return the reader to the main portion of your site. Then underneath, the recipe with what ever pictures you like to accomany the recipe.

Use the text box to write each paragraph or set of instructions. Use the add picture icon to add pictures. The only time you use the HTML box is to add HTML, PHP etc... script to the web page.

In the target- just leave it blank.

Happy web building.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hey, thanks. That really helps. You guys are great!

: ) Rita

Comment

Working...
        X