Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on building mobile site

Hi

My website www.tiarasandmore.co.uk is 9 years old. Now I can see that many people (like myself) do most of their online shopping using their phone. I'm happy with the overall look and accessibility of my online shop when viewed on my laptop. However, on my mobile google informs me that my site is not mobile friendly. Indeed it does not look good on a mobile screen especially in vertical plane, writing and buttons to small, text wrapping not displaying correctly etc.

So I have read the 5 threads here. I gather that Blue Voda does not support responsive pages but rather encourages redirection to a mobile site which must be bought separately. I have read the mobile site tutorials. I have noted that there is a 30 day free trial. However if I'm going to invest my time in building a mobile site I still want reasonable reassurance that this is the answer I'm looking for and that I am capable of setting up with my limited tech knowledge.

So my questions are:

1. When the mobile site is built how easy/hard is it to set it up to enable automatic selection of the appropriate site according to the devise being used to access the site? The instructions in the mobile site tutorial looks hellishly confusing to my non tech **** eye many terms I dont understand. Choices of second or third level domain (?) Inserting coding somewhere (?) I simply do not understand most of the terminology being used.

2. Why are there only 5 threads here about the mobile website building on this forum? is it very new? or not popular?

I'm just trying to gather this information now so I can make good informed choices as I have just updated my Blue Voda program ready to make revisions to my original website.

Any help gratefully received Thanks : )

Re: Questions on building mobile site

Hi,

1) The easiest way to do this is through the .htaccess file, if you are unsure, you can simply open a ticket in support and we can do this for you.

2) The mobile website builder is still very new and relatively easy to use, so there have not been many threads opened so far!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X