Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I delete my guestbook - its spam glue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I delete my guestbook - its spam glue!

Im trying at this moment to try to remember how I put it up. So I can take it down...All its doing is giving bad people a place to 'write' graffitti!..I dont personally feel its a necessary item so I want to delete it, If someone could aid me in my bad memory Id apreciate that.

Never mind...found it...all done...gone...bye..

Re: How do I delete my guestbook - its spam glue!

If it is a guestbook installed through Fantastico, uninstall it from there. Go in Fantastico, select your guestbook, and you will see that it gives you the option to uninstall.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, thank you. Ive done that. Its a neat thing. but I dont see much use for me, and dont want the extra work to keep an eye out to clean it out from - well, expected spam...Im getting Still, spam in my other guestbook that isnt even up and hasnt been for over a year!..lol
      thanx again

Comment

I just control my guestbook by having the comments needing approval before they get posted ... this way you have control over any spam and stupid things that may get in your guestbook ... just check once a day and approve or reject ... hopefully you'll do alot of approving ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you ladyeye for the post! But Ive given up on having a guestbook..they are fun to play with but I not found much use for them at this time. When I first had my book people I knew signed it, then the spam came!...and there was just so much and it was too offensive and annoying..so I just deleted the whole book...
          maybe someday when I have time to stay on top of it, at this time there are too many other daily babysittings to do!...lol..
          what is your site?

Comment

Hi Kassi

Isn't it just a shame that you can't have a good thing without the trash that comes along with it. It really does take away the good doesn't it. I hear you on that one, and hopefully you will be able to have it back someday to enjoy the nice things about it.

My site is a sports site, actually Hockey, a team site, part of the Maritime Junior A Hockey League here in the Maritimes. We are in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Players ages range from 17 - 20 ....

Here is the link ....

www.halifaxwolverinesjra.com

Kassi: I love your site, and I could actually do some shopping there, I am in need of those 81/2" x 11" acrylic frames, the only thing is I need them for Saturday. I will however, keep you in mind when the time comes for needing more and we have the time.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I agree LadyEye, It for me just gets too frustrating to even bother with...so for now Ill keep it on the back burner....maybe someday, but for what Im doing I dont really have the need for it..and I have found that sending a comment within my site is less of a spam attracter, as what 'they' write will only come to me and its not worth their time!...hehe..
              Thank you for the comments on my site. I actually dont sell frames, I sell photographs that I have taken here in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont and the frame that comes with the print is a wooden frame with glass and a inserted matte....
              hehe...thats cool! our goal is to deny yours!...thats awesome!...very cool...one critique on that line is on your bv if you select the centering option and make the frame a bit wider, then after you pubish it has less of a chance of falling into two lines...on your screen Im sure its correct, its when it gets out into cyber space an into others screens that it gets mixed up....same as with my site..i work so hard to get everything perfect then someone says...hmmm your one line is two on my screen....argh...lol
              very nice site you have done an extraordinary job with the teams colors and it just looks great!...

Comment

eeks ... is "Our Goal Is To Deny Yours" is that on two lines ... is that what you are telling me .... eeks .... gotta fix it .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X