This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will I get traffic to my website?

OK, I spend all this time and effort and now I need to get customers to my web site. How is this accomplished? How do you get on search engines like Google, MSN, etc? Maybe I'm not smart enough to understand.

Re: How will I get traffic to my website?

It takes time - but most important - is having a very user friendly and spider friendly website. Those go hand in hand. You also have to do research - what are the terms people are using to find your type of site/products? If you aren't using those same terms as your main keywords, you'll never get traffic (unless you want to go the PPC route, of course.)

Then, you can do lots of other things - first, do relevant link trading - not to link or banner farms - but to relevant websites - with good anchor text. Write a press release when there is something newsworthy to report about your site. It needs to be professional and really does need to be newsworthy for it to do you any good. Get on some forums related with what you sell - start a blog - write on other related blogs. The list goes on and on. Get yourself business cards and leave them when you travel anywhere that might bring you business. Basically - you need to market. But the whole thing is moot if your site isn't ready for the traffic - and that means professionally done, no typos, easy to navigate, etc.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

You can also submit a support ticket to vodahsot and they will submit your site to the major search engines for you
      also the search engines bring up the pages the have been looked at most so the more people look at them the higher they will move up the list or you could just keep refreshing your page alot and it would move up the ranks
      robobobo
      Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
      Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
      www.visionlandscapes.ie
      [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

robobobo - refreshing your page over and over won't do it - the se's are smarter than that - they look for unique visits.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

You have to look on this as a long haul - not a short sprint. The search engines will direct more traffic to your site once it has been around for around 8 months. Mine saw a dramatic increase in visitors after this time.

There is much to learn about attracting visitors, and there are many posts on this forum on the subject. It does seem very bewildering at first, but you will soon get the hang of it!

Having an attractive site with good content is the best start. Google and the other search engines like words - the more the better!
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Beth and Trish are right on this. There is so much to read on this subject as well, just read through forum threads on it.

BTW, thanks for the timeline Trish. I was wondering on the subject.
            Terri
            www.ice-tropic.com
            www.janebondtravel.com
            www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Originally posted by robobobo
              You can also submit a support ticket to vodahsot and they will submit your site to the major search engines for you
              also the search engines bring up the pages the have been looked at most so the more people look at them the higher they will move up the list or you could just keep refreshing your page alot and it would move up the ranks
              Yes, there is something to having VodaHost involved with a good SEO plan....for a very little amount of money, VodaHost will professionally manage an SEO program that includes regular submission to the SE's, continuous keyword and meta development, and metrics management.

As mentioned, you should really re-search (pun intended) the threads in the Marketing and Affiliate Forums for key concepts: relevancy, content, prominence (articles and blogs provide a means of establishing cross prominence/presence=more indexed mentions indicates importance in spider eyes), and progress......this is where you missed it, Robo! Updating with additions or changes in your content and page lineups equate dynamic sites to the SE's. It is not merely enough to slightly change or re-publish.....spiders do indeed throw a "web" over sites to see what kind of changes were made (justifiable, add-ons, threaded content, etc.), and are not fooled by minor grammar or syntax changes....in fact they may disqualify/ignore sites that do this as "counterfeit" (and this aspect is also under scrutiny as it applies to Blogs, ladies!). Blogs and visitor journals are not ranked the same as Content or relevant logistics, so be very careful.

The point was made that the key to successful ranking on the SE's is not done by hook or crook! It has to be earned, and is the result of careful planning and focused effort. There are countless other sites with the same aspiration, but few that are worthy of or sustainable in such elevated position.

But, then, that's my experience, and why I am also a resident of VodaLand as I rebuild my suite and regain my positioning!!!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I've just opened an internet marketing company and I am in the process of getting it off the ground, you will have to really go out there and get traffic to you. There are various methods. Go to internet marketing centre.com and read, read read!
                Bruce Hewitt
                YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
                IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
                http://www.thebabydolls.biz
                bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Working...
                X