PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on?!?!

noblewealth
06-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Here is my problem, when I publish a page of my site, two other pages go wonky. By wonky, I mean that some jpg files are being seen in the wrong places. For example, I have a donation button for Habitat For Humanity but on some pages, it is appearing as a backgroung. It is not what I have on file nor what I see when I preview the file.

When I publish a page and it works, I look on other pages and they have changed as well! HELP!!!!!

This has only recently happened. Is it because I am publishing pages one after another?

Please take a look at my site and give me some feedback. I will have no hair left soon and my wife might divorce me! Well, maybe not a divorce but you get the picture.

limebrook1
06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
How have you placed your images on the pages? Have these pages appeared correctly previously?

As for threatened divorce - we've all been there I think! Hang on in there! There will be an answer!

davidundalicia
06-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Your home page looks a bit of a mess, is this what you are referring to???
A couple of your pages show the donation ok but on your contact page its
not working the same......
Explain your problem a little more.....What pages, what problems ????

It could be your Iframes......more info required.

noblewealth
06-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Pretty much all pages now. Some images are appearing for others, some are apperaing as backgrounds, some appearing as bolcks of colour.

This problem has just started to happen!

noblewealth
06-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Trisha;

These pages have appeared correctly before. I just updated a few of them and then published them. That started my rollercoaster ride of hair-pulling. They are published as images - mostly. The background is supposed to be a white rectangle so my site will not appear like it is "floating" on a white background.

davidundalicia
06-15-2006, 11:01 PM
What, if anything, have you changed recently ?
I-frames ? latest version of BV ? any clues at all ?????

The last time I saw this site it appeared to be working OK !!!!!!

noblewealth
06-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Basically, things are not publishing where I want them. Images are switching positions - not just shifting places and creating overlaps but certain images are actually being published in place of other images and some are being placed where no image should be at all.

I publish one page and it is fine. When I publish a second is when the first gets jumbled up.

noblewealth
06-15-2006, 11:04 PM
I have recently downloaded the new BlueVoda 8.0

davidundalicia
06-15-2006, 11:09 PM
trevor,

When I deleted the gif on your home page everything else seemed to be ok.

Go back and try deleting the new gif on one of your pages and publish that page again to compare..........

noblewealth
06-15-2006, 11:12 PM
The "gif?"

The only other thing that I changed was to put a large white rectangle behind my site in order to centre it and so it had a white background on a blue backdrop.

noblewealth
06-15-2006, 11:19 PM
I have deleted the background blue and the white rectangle and republished the first three pages. Notice how the Heart and stroke logo behind the logo and on the consulting page, the "I buy Homes" button is burgundy and not the correct pic.

davidundalicia
06-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Deleting that gif (rectangle) has solved the mess on your home page....
Now try a pale or soft background colour.....

On your consulting page send the bugundy item to the back.....or fetch the picture to the front.

noblewealth
06-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Unfortunately, there is no burgundy item behind the picture. The picture turned out to be a burgundy rectangle when I published.

When I publish the index page, it comes out all right. But when I publish the about us page, the background for the logo (burgundy rectangle) turns into the heart and stroke logo.

I have tried sending front to back and back to front but it makes no difference.

Any new tips?

davidundalicia
06-16-2006, 03:12 PM
trevor, Your home page is ok.
your "about us" page looks OK and contains many items from your home page
except that the email form is to the right of your menu/burgundy rectangle and not underneath as on your home page....

So whats the problem ?

noblewealth
06-16-2006, 03:23 PM
When you see my homepage, do you not see the heart and stroke logo behind the Noble Wealth title?

About us page - on the left under proud sponsors, do you see a stop sign pic instead of habitat for humanity?

Consulting page - do you see a burgundy square instead of the pic that is supposed to be there for "I buy Houses"?

Is it just my browser?

The jumbled pics are far fewer since I took away the background square and background colour. Thanks for that advice.

davidundalicia
06-16-2006, 03:24 PM
trevor, I have just spotted that your contact us page has 2 copies of the pics I buy homes and the Stop sign pic...check it out by movind 1 of the pics. there is another 1 underneath..... this might also apply to other items if you have copy/paste from another page !!!!!!!!

This also applies to your home page....move any of the pics OR the text boxes and you will see another underneath.

have fun.........

noblewealth
06-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Done and done!!

Thanks for the help!!