PDA

View Full Version : My google ranking

robobobo
06-16-2006, 12:10 PM
its probable a dum question but
i cant remember how to fing out my google rank!!
Could someone tell me
Thanks
And also could you tell me how to increase my google rank
Thanks Again

robobobo
06-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Ah no!
I think i found it or is it true
I was told it is 0 Zero Zilch None!!
Or maybe this site was lying
How do i get it up and anyone know how to find your page rank apart from the way i did it

limebrook1
06-16-2006, 12:44 PM
If you install the google toolbar you will be able to see your page rank and the page rank of any other site you visit as it will appear on the toolbar. This is a useful tool as you will be able to see your competitors ranking and see what they are doing differently to you!

Page rank is a wierd science - for some reason my site www.limebrook.com (http://www.limebrook.com) has a page rank of 3, www.webmasterproductions (http://www.webmasterproductions), a much younger site and one for which there is massive competition has a page rank of 4. My other site is zero! However, this does not seem to affect the number of visitors - in fact Google sends more visitors to www.mountainwalk.co.uk (http://www.mountainwalk.co.uk) than the other 2 sites put together even with a zero ranking!

So my advice, use it to give you an idea of other sites rankings, but don't get too worried if you still get a zero!

Awstats gives you a good indication of the number of visitors, and that i believe is far more important!

robobobo
06-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks
i had google toolbar its just i had the page rank setting not on it
now it is thanks!

robobobo
06-16-2006, 01:35 PM
What site would you recommend for awstats
Thanks

limebrook1
06-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Awstats is available via your cpanel! Already set up for you!

robobobo
06-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Wow
There very intresting
very intresting indeed!
Thanks for your help

malcolm1
06-16-2006, 06:43 PM
hello...

hi robobobo, nice site it caught my eye because i to was in the landscape industry creating much the same work you do.
very nice work you do by the pics i seen!

if i my give you a tip i picked up from others here at the site concerning your pics, i dont know if you "resized them" using the pixresizer tool but this will make your pics come up faster for those using dial-up computers
(yes there are still alot out their using dial-up).

Also i noticed that when i put my curser over the pics you have no "Alt text" if you double click on the image, a box should come up with alternet text, you can put "YOUR BEST" keywords like .....if one of your keywords is "landscape" you could put a small saying like "landscape at an affordable price" this will send the client a extra message plus it helps your search engine rankings. you may want to see if it helps you out some.

Either way i wish you much success in the field and with your site.

thanks
malcolm1
http://www.biz-giant.com

davidundalicia
06-16-2006, 09:19 PM
There are also lots of mobile WiFi computers out there so always try to keep the page sizes down as advised.

btw: Like your site and contents

Bethers
06-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Good Point, David - my friend travels and uses a mobile pad computer - small - lets him surf and do what he needs, and he turns off sound, etc - another reason to keep pics small and remember - even if dial-up is not as prevelant - there are lots of other new methods out there that still require us to always remember size of downloading anything.

robobobo
06-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks Guys
Yes have have resized my pictures to pretty much the smallest that i can.
Before when they werent resiezed it took ages to load but now its fine, for me anyway but then again im on 2mb broadband!

Bruce Hewitt
06-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Is site ranking not the alpha and omega of gaining traffic then?

robobobo
06-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Yes i think it helps sometimes

Bethers
06-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Site ranking by google is only important on google - and they will send you traffic even if you have no ranking - if you have your site optimized. Ranking will go up with optimizing and time.

KP123
08-23-2006, 03:09 AM
Confused!!

I have downloaded the google toolbar and I can see that it says page rank but I am not sure how to use it!!

Please advise - thank you