Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Problems, What Did I Do Wrong?

Hi:
    I read your sticky note and followed your directions. POP & SMTP settings are for me: mail.epgusa.com I set up info@epgusa.com through the control panel new mail account. (my account with you is Electric Paintbrush Gallery, Edwina Haddad) I created a new e-mail account in Netscape and set the username to: info@epgusa.com
    When I tried to send a test e-mail I got this error message: could not send because connecting to SMPT server mail.epgusa.com failed. I checked the default port setting. It is port 25. I ran the current IP ADDRESS test for my IP 4.152.111.157 through the chicken IP site and got the following:
    While trying to retrieve the URL NONE://83.140.172.115.80http://www.robtex.com/4.152.111.157.html the following error was encountered:
    Zero Sized Reply
    Squid did not receive any data for this request, cache administrator is
    info@port80.se
    Last edited by VodaHost; 06-17-2006, 05:37 PM.

Re: Email Problems, What Did I Do Wrong?

Have you ticked the "Server needs authentication" box in your email client?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I want to make my email addresses on my web page go to send message. and connect with my msn email account. Is this a pop3 function? Which video do I need to study?

Comment

Nothing.. create the hyperlink mailto:you@yourdomain.com and it will send
          you a email when they click on it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Votahost:
            I hope that last post was for me. I am a little simple and love simple
            solutions.

Comment

I guess I didn't understand. I thought I did as you said. but with the URL set to circuspet.com it just goes back to my index http://www.circuspet.com/aboutus.html If there is nothing wrong with what you see,what could it be? URL? Control panel? Not enough fish in my diet?

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Have you ticked the "Server needs authentication" box in your email client?
                Yes, I did that and it made no difference. Could it be that the username you assigned me was epguacom yet my e-mail account is set up for info@epgusa.com. Still looking for the solution to my problem.

Comment

Circuspet:

The link should be "mailto" type, not "http" type. In the URL field type in, after the "mailto:" your email address.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Dween Bean
                    Yes, I did that and it made no difference. Could it be that the username you assigned me was epguacom yet my e-mail account is set up for info@epgusa.com. Still looking for the solution to my problem.
                    You must use the password and username that you have set for your email account.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks again Naval.
                      Sorry I'm not more computer savvy.

Comment

Works great. piano piano se va lontano. Now to battle other demons.
                        Thanks again.

Comment

Spoke too soon maybe, what is Authentacation and how do I get it?

Comment

In your Outlook Express settings, Tools, Accounts, select the account, Properties, Server, last box at the bottom: Server requires authentication. Tick it.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X