Will Companies like BV put an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Companies like BV put an end

to the traditional way of building a website?

Do you think that software such as what B.V uses, could in years to come put traditional webmasters out of business with it's ease of use for the beginner?

Just a thought....

Rich

http://www.theworldwidestory.com/

Re: Will Companies like BV put an end

Life is all about making things simpler. Programs such as BV make it easy for anyone to design a professional looking website in moments, and widens it out.

Will it take over from the traditional methods? In my view there is a place for both. If people know how to use HTML etc properly they will obviously be able to have a more feature full website. But for those of us who are too lazy to learn BV will do the job.

Mind you, the more you learn about BV, the more you want to do with your website, so maybe some will move on.

The main benefit of BV is the cost - free is always very attractive!
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

No I dont think so, There will always be those that want to stretch the boundaries and do more.....

Would you believe that there is actually a website devoted to HATING BV because it can only be used with Vodahost !!!!!

So called Geeks will always fight against anything that upsets their pre defined status.

For me, BV is an easy to use tool with so many posibilities and gets the job done.

But BV has one extra dimension......These forums with the unbounded help that is always available either through individuals who have built their own website or through the support system that is also available.

Keep producing the goodies guys.....................
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

BV, Soho, Cube, Zen, osCommerce.....all wonderful alternatives to build websites, to be sure, but I have come to find many of the utilities and functions desired even one step past a "cookie-cutter" set-up requires the minmum knowledge of HTML, php, scripts, java, and the like....
        The very thing that made VodaHost and Voda technologies so attractive to me in the first place was the opportunity to create and manage web presence myself without fear of undue compromise of functionality or resorting to another series of financial obligations without control (dependent on so-called webmasters).

As long as the need for advanced applications exists, there will always be the need for professionals. Thank GOD Generals Voda, Brad, Naval, Race, Bethers, and peers like David, Andy/Keith, Amanda, and even newcomer Alien are quick to help us out freely, which actually leaves us with a renewed sense of self-accomplishment: they are instrumental in bringing us "up to speed" rather than just rescue us! You don't get even half of what we already enjoy from GodDaddy, 1&1, Value Web, or any of the others, no matter how quick they are to out-promote themselves! There are more satisfied clients of VodaHost, and that in itself is the best promotion one could want: happy customers refer more clients, right??

In my opinion, based on all of the technological offerings and world class support, VodaHost is singularly the World's Leading Internet Provider and definitively my chosen Preferred Provider, a Partner in my continued success!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
          No I dont think so, There will always be those that want to stretch the boundaries and do more.....

Would you believe that there is actually a website devoted to HATING BV because it can only be used with Vodahost !!!!!

So called Geeks will always fight against anything that upsets their pre defined status.

For me, BV is an easy to use tool with so many posibilities and gets the job done.

But BV has one extra dimension......These forums with the unbounded help that is always available either through individuals who have built their own website or through the support system that is also available.

Keep producing the goodies guys.....................
          That is soooooo sad!!!

I suppose these saddoes have downloaded the brilliant software and then found they had to pay a very reasonable cost to get the site hosted!

Nothing is ever for free in this life, but at the cost Vodahost charge it near as damn it is!
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Bang on Trish, its very sad......I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to find out the exact reason why they went to the trouble of building a website just to spew hate at Blue Voda and it boiled down to the fact that they had not read the conditions attached to downloading BV.

Still it takes all sorts to make a world......They have hate

BUT WE HAVE BLUE VODA....................
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

My brother's a web designer and I think the less people know of Bv the better he sleeps at night.
              Bruce Hewitt
              YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
              IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
              http://www.thebabydolls.biz
              bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Working...
              X