Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum

Ok, I just signed up for hosting. Really about 5 minutes ago! Got my site made and ready to upload, all systems - go! Need to have one question answered first the sooner the better please. I have links like most all sites do and I want to put a link for a forum I want to have as well. What do I need to do before I upload to make that link? For the people at vodahost the name of my site is assetravel.com (in case you want to check on my registeration).
    I really would like to get this done first, so let me know.
    Thanks

P.S. I'm addicted to BV.
    www.assetravel.com

If your using a forum system found on the internet you simply just paste the html code in a hyperlink on your website.

If your wanting to use forums that are on the cpanel, you create a blank website and go from there.

Not sure if thats what your asking or not, I was a little confused.
    ::Steven.H::

Comment

I'm sorry, new to all this. Yes the one that's in cpanel. I wanted to make a link on my home page before uploading to vodahost. The reason is I don't know how to change content after it's loaded (need to learn that yet) and don't know how hard that is to do.
      Thanks
      www.assetravel.com

Comment

1) First create your forum in fantastico.

2) Link the forum to your web site via a hyperlink. If you do not know how to create a hyperlink please click the below:

Discussion and help related to linking your pages together with hyperlinks, standard navigation menubars, linking images, dynamic menus and Go menus.

Sarah :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by vinny1957
          I'm sorry, new to all this. Yes the one that's in cpanel. I wanted to make a link on my home page before uploading to vodahost. The reason is I don't know how to change content after it's loaded (need to learn that yet) and don't know how hard that is to do.
          Thanks
          Hi,

don't worry about making changes too your site, work on you site in BV then re-publish the page...changes done!

Any problems just post a question here, check 1st, by doing a search of this fourm.

Never a stupid question, we started somewhere, this what make BV great program, easy to understand, great service and always someone around to help
          www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
          BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
          Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

What Maddog said. Changing your content is simple, just republish it. I find myself republishing five if not more times a day.

Comment

Thanks everyone- the support you guys give CAN't be beat.
              Vinny
              www.assetravel.com

Comment

Just thought of something. If all we have to do is re-publish our site - what do we use a FTP client for? I know it's to transfer files, but what kind and why. Thanks, I really don't know.
                www.assetravel.com

Comment

Why do I need an FTP Client?

You can use an FTP client to transfer files to and from your computer to an FTP server.

Most web servers offer FTP capability, so you can use FTP to easily transfer your web site files from your computer up to the web site. It is generally easier, faster, and more efficient to transfer your files via FTP than other methods.

With saying this it is a lot faster to download off a ftp site for files placed in html, i.e pdf, r&r,zip and movies

You can use it to delete unwanted files in your public_html folder or add new sub folders
                  Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

Another thing, not all webhosts offer a webpage builder, especially not one close to BlueVoda. Bluevoda has a publish button where other webhosts may not. People using "****py" webhosts have to use ftp to transfer their files, we are just lucky that BlueVoda does it for us.

Comment

Working...
                    X