Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me some feed back, please

Hi guys,
    Can you give me some feedback please. I have listed this site on yahoo PPC and it is getting the expected traffic, but not sales. What is the problem??? Please. Come on be brutal!
    Mark6110
    P.S. Lori is my wife!
    www.lorissecrets.co.uk
    MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
    Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
    www.princess-bride.co.uk
    Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Re: Give me some feed back, please

Mark
    Testimonials and about me buttons on your home page are not working....

Your site should be producing sales as all the info one would need is there...
    I didnt even know what a brazillian Wax was before I read another of your pages.

Not so sure about all the free give aways because they seem to cost more than the actual products that you are trying to sell !!!

Still you seem to have everything covered so I dont know why you are not making sales....How long has your site been running ?

I am sure you will receive (check your spelling) more cogent advise from your other friends in this forum.

Good luck in your venture
    and say hello to Lori for me........
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

double post.....drat.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Comment

Hi,

I'm not real fond of all of the colors, there is just so much info there.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

hi davidundalicia,
          Thank you for taking the time to look.
          I have checked the page links and they are working fine for me, what browser are you using?
          I will recheck all the spellings (you spend so much time looking at the site you stop seeing it!). It has only been listed since Wed. and as I say it is pulling traffic through the PPC and oddly enough, even some from google!
          Re give aways: when you write your own stuff it doesn´t cost anything. Just worried that the real product is being drowned?
          Thanks again.
          Marh6110
          MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
          www.princess-bride.co.uk

Comment

Hi SChajin,
            Thank you for taking the time.
            I am taking it on board. I am concerned that there is a bit of overkill. Just hard to know what to cut and what to keep.
            Thanks
            Mark6110
            MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
            www.princess-bride.co.uk

Comment

I know what you mean, you will be working on this the rest of your life Im afraid. Like all of us.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Mark, the spelling was just the 1 word (recieve-receive) and I went back
                to check those two menu buttons.
                top(testamonials) does not even display mouse over url
                and 2nd down(about me) displays url only just below the writing or to the extreme left...strange...as the same button on other pages works ok.
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

Thank you David,
                  Just re-published the home page and the FAQ's. Checked the buttons and everything is as it should be. very strange,....and as I say works fine on my browser.
                  Regards,
                  mark
                  MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                  www.princess-bride.co.uk

Comment

Mark,
                    Your page is not loading either in IE6 or FireFox.
                    Might want to check your links and then republish.
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by mark6110
                      Hi guys,
                      Can you give me some feedback please. I have listed this site on yahoo PPC and it is getting the expected traffic, but not sales. What is the problem??? Please. Come on be brutal!
                      Mark6110
                      P.S. Lori is my wife!
                      www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                      Mark, back to your original question......

If you google with "brazillian wax" you might be surprised to find that there are 2,290,000 items that come up....

Have a look at a few and you might get some ideas as to how your competition is doing it.......every little helps.

good luck
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

Page isn't loading in firefox or IE6

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
                        royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Hi guys and thanks again for the feedback.
                          Ok I think I have fixed the problem with the home page buttons. They now work in firefox, I have a later version of IE so don't know if it has solved that prob. the reason the site was not loading and that I could not reply was that my vodahost server was down for a few hours.
                          I really appricieate the input.
                          The yahoo and msn stats are showing 10% click through from my position No.1. But conversion is less then 3%. Google position without PPC is page 7. and is still giving me clicks!
                          I'll let it run until Wed and that will be a full week. Then retink the layout.
                          Just rambling now, been at this too long......thank you again,
                          Mark
                          MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                          www.princess-bride.co.uk

Comment

Don't sweat the broswer stuff too much, Mark....focus on the content and appearance of your site first!
                            Rule #1 make it 800wide....no matter what. This in itself will naturally squeeze you into the corner letting you develop "Editor's eyes!"

First thing I see.....you should devise some kind of "page" look, with visible left/right side borders somehow...train the visitor's eyes on your site - direct them to discover. You might accomplish this by having the "page" area be a few notches lighter in tint than the background, which would make the text pop better as well....(color is hardly ever the real core issue, but colorization/tinting + formatting is)....you can simply play with a form (they self-create square) and simply make it very narrow, stretching from top to bottom and define the color as 'mid-way' between you lighter toned "page" and the background...makes for an easier and more appealing transition.

Secondly, take a look at your text formatting: you have a lot "centered" which is not only abnormal, but very difficult to read: it also makes it quite impossible to determine the important sections/points without resorting to larger sized fonts or colors that do not offer a sense of congruity. Bullets, bold, and symbols work well to create an organized text formatting without losing emphatical points or intros, and when used effectively with a "left-alignment" is a far superior way to go. Content is by far the most difficult for most to conquer, but remember that format will often dictate influence on content development - a good thing!
                            *Capitalize on what our eyes have been trained to look for all our lives! Keep it simple, and appeal to the emotions......

Still on text: Double check your text box areas (all of them) and reset the backgrounds to "Auto" which will them eliminate all the white 'highlighted' looking areas.....keep the formatting the same throughout your site...it makes for a warmer visitor navigation, and can aid in the presentation of new material (your pitch) in a manner that it is actually read (which allows comprehension/retention) and creates relational sense (the more time a visitor spends digesting your material, the greater likelihood some sort of emotional transaction/investment is made) that might then allow the conversion you so desire!!

Selling is 89% presentation (some people break out 10% from here for packaging...I don't), 5% creative differentation, 3% posture, and only 2% substance (technical jargon, specifications, fine print, etc.). The remaining 1% is what YOU bring to the table, but in actuality represents 99% of your energy......

I'll check back later!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Mark,
                              You can learn so much from your competators, the successful one you can learn what to do, from the not so successful ones what not to do.
                              Although It is difficult to beat the return on investment of internet business, it's still business and will take as much work as any other business.
                              Hoping to hear you enjoying the fruits of your labor soon.

P.S. Hope you got your email

Comment

Working...
                              X