Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting php and html

hello everyone...

Am seeking knowledge on php. i recently joined links exchange in an effort to get more link popularity and propel my site higher in the search engines. ive been trying to go the easiest route but got this email from them and was wondering if i can somehow make a page in php with my site thats in html.

here is the reply they sent me.......

Welcome on joining the Links-Exchange.net family!

After reviewing your URL we noticed you are using Option 2. We
    recommend using Option 1 as we find it produces better results. You can only
    use Option 1 if you are able to create a .asp or .php extension page.
    We noticed most of your pages are .htm.

so can i create a page in php so as to get this directory thing going?

any advice would be helpful.

thanks
    malcolm
    http://www.biz-giant.com

Malcolm Pender

Re: Connecting php and html

you going to have to change the extension on them to php. If your using BV you can publish them as a php, and then your going to have to change you menus to reflect the extension change. If your not using BV just use a ftp to change the file extension to .php, and change your menus

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

hi watdaflip....

ok so what your saying is...

All I have to do is create a new page for my directory 1st ,and then everypage i currently have would have to be published as.. public_php instead of what is currently public_html

so http://www.biz-giant.com/index.html

would now become http://www.biz-giant.com/index.php

is this correct? or is it just the menu buttons inside my site? and yes i do use bv.

and all my menu buttons inside my site would have the php extensions also?

i dont have to go in the control panel to tinker with anything correct, it seems everytime i do, its just a mistake waiten to happen.

please elaberate further.

im new to the php and ftp thing and the last time i tried messing around in the control panel for my second site i wiped out my first site
      and im not going threw all that again.

i try and stay away from the control panel at all costs!

last question is my site map i dont do anything to that correct.
      its got ror.xml so its not needed correct.

thanks
      malcolm

Malcolm Pender

Comment

Malcolm, i suppose that they are asking if you can create a php page, because the code that they will give you is in php. The only way for a php code to work is to have as page extension .php. If this is the case, you can do that very easily in BV and you DON'T have to touch your menu buttons.

Copy the code that they will give you. Paste it in your page. Go in page properties and set the page extension to be .php . Save the page and publish it. You are done
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Don't change public_html to public_php. php and html are just different file types like a .bmp and .jpg.

Also if you are changing any pages that are apart of the menu they will need to be changed because if you have a link to www.yoursite.com/page1.html, if you make that a page1.php, its still going to link to page1.html

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

hi guys...

here is the instuctions that they give...

Option 1: Use our code Generator to Create your own Link Page which will be hosted On Your Domain.

Instruction to Copy Code:

1) Create a new page with .ASP extention .PHP extention

</STRONG> 2) Copy this code.

<?php// # THE FOLLOWING BLOCK IS USED TO RETRIEVE AND DISPLAY LINK INFORMATION.// # PLACE THIS ENTIRE BLOCK IN THE AREA YOU WANT THE DATA TO BE DISPLAYED.// # DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING ELSE BELOW THIS LINE!// ----------------------------------------------if (isset($_GET["ownerCode"])=="true"){ echo("6cbdf5acafc2e4ad7aaecf5724dc5707");}else{$Th isPage = "http://".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"];$QueryString = "script=php";foreach ($HTTP_GET_VARS as $key => $value) { $value = urlencode(stripslashes($value)); $QueryString .= "&$key=$value";}if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS["newdata"])){ $cond = $_GET["newdata"];}else{ $cond = "";}if ($cond == "true"){ $Page = "http://www.links-exchange.net/English/sites.asp"; $QueryString .= "&sid=".$ThisPage;}elseif ($cond == "t1"){ $Page = "http://www.links-exchange.net/English/links_directory.asp"; $QueryString .= "&SiteId=3374";}else { $Page = "http://www.links-exchange.net/English/links.asp"; $QueryString .= "&SiteId=3374"; $QueryString .= "&sid=".$ThisPage;}$header = "GET " . $Page . "?" . $QueryString . " HTTP/1.0\r\n";$header .= "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";$header .= "Content-Length: 0\r\n\r\n";$fp = fsockopen ('208.21.167.247', 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);if (!$fp) { echo "Error processing request";} else { fputs ($fp, $header); $bHeader = true; $sData = ""; while (!feof($fp)) { $res = fgets ($fp, 8192); $res = ereg_replace("[\r\n]", "", $res); if (strlen($res) == 0) $bHeader = false; if ($bHeader == false) $sData .= $res; } echo $sData; fclose ($fp);}}?>

3) Paste this code in Your body tag (where you want the links information to appear).

4) Upload it on your server.

5) Add a link on your home page pointing to your new links page.

6) Tell us where to find your links page.

these are the instructions that are given......

Now..... if they want me to create a "NEW BLANK PAGE" page then im all for it. ill just add an extra menu button to the other 4 pages and then ill have 5 pages. 4 i guess in html and the other in PHP. if this is possible???

whats confusing and im not getting here is they want me to paste in the body tag...

would that be.. "VIEW" then change page properties too "php" IF its in html ,then go below to HTML and of the 6 tags that are mentioned place the code in "inside body tag".

OR do i start this new page and got to the "html" thats right above the scripts button in the "page building section" and place the code in there (like i did with the <H1> 2-3 tags) <----- hopefully did that right.

is this correct or better yet will it work?

thanks
            malcolm
            http://www.biz-giant.com

Malcolm Pender

Comment

Both ways are correct. You can either paste the code in the Inside Body of the Page html, or use a html box and paste it in there. Then go in page properties, set the extension to php, and publish as you normally do in your public_html.

They require that you set a link from you holepage to this new page (lets call it "linkspage". So, you can either add a button in your menubar, and set the link to this new page, or simply add a shape, or picture, or a text link, linking to your "linkspage". I would set the target to blank, and leave this "linkspage" without a menubar. Of course you can do as you wish, by adding also a menubar.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok ....thanks navel ive got the page uploaded and its their i added a menu button from the home page to the directory then went to link exchange and tried to update but they gave me an error message as can be seen down below.......i must have the wrong code some where can you check and see whats wrong? also was wondering why you suggested not to add the link? because of people going their and using some else? just asking figuered you know best sloution.
                thanks
                malcolm

Your Sites: http://www.biz-giant.com Site CheckThe links-exchange.net robot will check your site to see if everything is properly configured.Link InformationHome Page: http://www.biz-giant.comLink Page Hosted By: malcolm aparicioLinks Page URL: http://www.biz-giant.com/links_directory.phpDownloading Your Home Page

Links-exchange.net found your home page!
                Locating a link to your links-exchange links page
                Error: You must link to your links-exchange links page from your home page.

Malcolm Pender

Comment

Hi naval.....

thank you for the help... both of you guys are true pros when it comes to this stuff.

I went back in and added another text link and went back to the link exchange site and now it shows no problems so i think im straght.
                  its working from the menu and every thing is flashing blue at the exchange. thanks guys!

One last question Naval... is do i have to mess with the "ror.xml file" since this is technically a "new page" or will the spiders handle thier job and i dont have to create another and go threw that process again?

thank you
                  malcolm

Malcolm Pender

Comment

They gave you the error message at the first pclace because only a few spiders are capable of following links in a menu. That's why i suggested puting an image or a shape or a text link. Ror sitemap also works the same way.

To your next question: you don't really need to re-create your ror, because the text link that you have added is in your homepage, will leead spiders to the linkpage, as it already did with them.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Gday from Down Under, Well this is my first post so lets see if this works.
                      I bruoght a php script and install was not a problem but I need to change the text on some of the pages. I thought this would be easy..... I was wrong. The only page in the folder to do with page names is index.php
                      no mention of the faq. rules. contact pages. when I open index in any programs (frontpage Htmlgate pagebrezze nvu allycat) it only brings up php code. By clicking View Source on the open pages it loads the htmp into notepad where I can alter but where and how do I replace it.

Totally out of depth............ I hope one of you guys can help

Dave
                      Macad613
                      David McCartney
                      Marketing and Sales Manager
                      dave@tec-edge.com
                      Tec-edge Computers and Electronics

Its all You'll Need !!!
                      www.tec-edge.com

Comment

There is no answer we can give you. It depends on the way the text etc are inplemented in the page. Probably it includes some files containing the html and\or the necessary templates. Why don't you simply ask the supplier?
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for taking the time for me. I kept hunting round the files and found I had to edit the templates. Alas on till I hit the next hurdle.

I have another question but I don't think it's for this thread, I need to do a page with a table of contents that then links to the answers on the same page. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again
                          David McCartney
                          Marketing and Sales Manager
                          dave@tec-edge.com
                          Tec-edge Computers and Electronics

Its all You'll Need !!!
                          www.tec-edge.com

Comment

You can use bookmarks (anchors) . Have a look at Bookmarks Between Pages
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X