Problem with config.php permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with config.php permissions

This is my first attempt at using php scripts!. I have been follwoing the tutorial 'Installing phpBB from scratch' found here http://www.vodahost.com/tut_phpbb.htm

I have been able to upload all the php files to my remote server. The tutorial explains that you have to change the config.php permissions by right clicking on the file name at the server, then left click on 'CHMOD' which diplays the Change File Attributes dialog box.

I'm running Windows XP Professional SP2 but when I right click the config.php file name at the server, I can't find 'CHMOD'! The options I'm given are as follows (names in italics are greyed out so are not available): Explore, Open, Copy, Paste, View >, Arrange Icons >, Arrange Folders >, Select All, Operations > FTP Commands > CWD, PWD, HELP, SYST, SITE, QUOTE, LIST, MLSD, NLST, RETR, STOR. Clicking on 'HELP' does not display a Help screen!

The other thing that I can't understand is at the remote server config.php has the attributes
    '-rw-rw-rw-'. I thought this meant the file could already be both read and written but stand to be corrected!

Please let me know if I need to change the file config.php and, if so, how can I change the file attributes?

Thanks in advnace

Re: Problem with config.php permissions

To chmod in Cpanel, click the name of the file and over to the right of your screen you'll see options open up for that file, one of which is 'Change Permissions'.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
    X