Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colour change when make word a link

hi,
    when i make a word a link, it changes to a blue colour and becomes underlined. is it possible to stop this from happening so the word keeps it's original colour?
    thanks in advance

Re: colour change when make word a link

Hi benants
    Yes go into page properties, click background on the the right you have, link, visited link, active link you can change it there.

Comment

also when making the link it says bottom left it says style you can create your own in there
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

hi,
        thanks 4 ur reply. I could change the colour but the word is still underlined. can i stop this from happening?
        thanks once again

Comment

Hi benants
          not as far as i know, that is what defines it as a link so people can find it. if you have a link the same colour and with no underline it will look like the rest of your text and know one will know that link is there.

Comment

Originally posted by benants
            hi,
            thanks 4 ur reply. I could change the colour but the word is still underlined. can i stop this from happening?
            thanks once again
            yes as before go into how to make a link at the bottom left it says styles and you can take away the line and change the colours
            The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
            Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

You can change all of it - but realize - in the top 10 mistakes in web building from last year - taking away the color change AND taking away the underlining make the top 10 no-no list. Making a link no one can readily recognize, is not worth having a link. How do we know you have links if you do this? If it's just to give weight for the se's, they really are smart enough to figure it out and it won't give you the weight in the long run.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

I must agree with concenses, without the italised, underlined, and different colored fount, viewers won't recognise it as link and never click on it. It's self defeating. Although art is very important, it must take a back seat to utility. If the blue clashes with your background, you can change the color of either or both.

If you give forum viewers a link to your site they might understand your problem better and better advise you.

Comment

Hi all,
                  I agree with what you are saying but the link I am talking about is in a menu bar so it is obvious that it is a link. I have decided to make my own rather than use one of blue vodas. It is also a different coulour to the text - I just didn't want it blue.

Thanks every1

Comment

Benants: you need to click the little trafic signal looking icon on the right of your web builder page. That will give you four links buttons. Dubble click on them and you, if you only want one, can deliete the other three.
                    I put my buttons in ons at a time so I could arange the placement.See my
                    site http://www.circuspet.con still under construction. The video was
                    was even easy enough for me to understand

Comment

I may have got this wrong, but I think what benants is saying is that when they hyperlink a word on their page it turns blue and underlined. If this is what you are saying (?) then you have to preview the page in order to see the style change (all hyperlinks are blue and underlined in 'non-preview' mode). Well, i think that is what you are saying?

Comment

Actuall he said a menu bar so I guess were both wrong, since I didn't use
                        menu bar I can't say much. I think I might have more to say if I saw the page. If you have a minute could you pleasego to this page on my site and email me just to see if I have it right. http://www.circuspet/aboutus.html sorry Benants, leave a link on your message it's that little blue icon to the right of the fount color control in the tool bar above ^

Comment

Langlois may hve hit on something Benants. Have you saved then published your page, so you can then preview the page as it will look on the net. Don't be afraid to publish. If you don't like it, you can just change what you don't like, hit save and publish it again. You don.t need to do everything all over again. Also until you publish no one here can see your problem. You don't exist.

Comment

<CircusPet>

You have made many wonderful comments, suggestions, and critiques on the work of quite a few recently, which is appreciated, I'm sure.

How are you doing on yours? It's looks like you might be in a rut, as I can't see anything different for quite a while now......need some help?
                            You can always email me, and I will offer you whatever I can, Rob!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                            X