X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killen off my old my index page.

hello...

hi guys.. ok heres the story

ive been having problems with my old index page. it seems that its all distorted on firefox and the images are out of wake, so i built an identical page and want to dump my old index page and throw the new one up in hopes that it remedies the problem. i checked it out and think it will work with no flaws this time. if i delete the old index page will it affect anything in the root files where all my info is stored like my site map and the new directory i installed or the rest of my site for that matter. i dont want to delete and have it destroy all my work.

can anyone answer this question? i double checked everything to make sure no codes or anything gets lost on the new index.

I checked were my pages are in MSN and ive got 5 keywords on the front pages and my traffic is now picking up. i have to do something for the users who have firefox and who knows what other browsers are like this. it works fine on IE. i noticed theres alot of mozilla users and this could affect my sales. its a problem that now has to be addressed.

Navel... i remember you posted somthing but cant find the thread to address issue.

thank you
    malcolm1

Malcolm Pender

Re: killen off my old my index page.

You don´t have to delete your OLD index page.....

Just publish your new page as index and it will overwrite the old one.

If you have added new content, you could run your ror again as normal.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

As i have posted in that thread, FF gives you problems with your fire images (as well as with others too) because the text line spacing is different than the one in IE. In short pages, noone will be able to tell the difference. In long pages, as yours, the difference becomes great. Your only solution would be to re-make your page, and put everything in tables.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hello.......

ok i checked out the tables thing but have no clue what its used for or how to use it. the video tutoriols are very basic and truely dont understand what they are talking about. am i supposed to create 1 large table on the right side and apply the contents in side this box or table?

Malcolm Pender

Comment

Create a table large as the central part of your page. It must be 1 column, many rows. You put every paragraph in a cell. Then you put the fire image in the next, then again text and so on.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X