Publishing Problem/Getting rid of a file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Problem/Getting rid of a file

I have removed a very large movie file from my main page and fro the file folders in Blue Voda and also went into FTP Mananger and deleted it from there. I then tried to publish my main page...and it keeps getting stuck trying to publish the movie file that I deleted.

I go back to FTP manager and I see it again in the Public-html, although I deleted it several times. I can't find it on the left side of the FPT manager, so I don't know where it is getting it from to try and publish.

I can't make changes to my main page because this file is so large that it takes about an hour to publish anything...that is why I am trying to get rid of it. I don't have the movie linked from my main page, so I don't understand why it keeps trying to publish it. For you Blue Voda folks, the file is HHS Facilities Tour....mwv file. My website is www.statehighvision.org. How can I get rid of this thing. I put it in the trash, emptied the recycle bin..have tried to delete it from the public-html and it keeps showing up? Thanks for your help.

Re: Publishing Problem/Getting rid of a file

Originally posted by TammyBuckley
    I have removed a very large movie file from my main page and fro the file folders in Blue Voda and also went into FTP Mananger and deleted it from there. I then tried to publish my main page...and it keeps getting stuck trying to publish the movie file that I deleted.

I go back to FTP manager and I see it again in the Public-html, although I deleted it several times. I can't find it on the left side of the FPT manager, so I don't know where it is getting it from to try and publish.

I can't make changes to my main page because this file is so large that it takes about an hour to publish anything...that is why I am trying to get rid of it. I don't have the movie linked from my main page, so I don't understand why it keeps trying to publish it. For you Blue Voda folks, the file is HHS Facilities Tour....mwv file. My website is www.statehighvision.org. How can I get rid of this thing. I put it in the trash, emptied the recycle bin..have tried to delete it from the public-html and it keeps showing up? Thanks for your help.
    You need to delete it from the right hand side of Blue FTP too, or delete it in File Manager (in your Control Panel). Double check your page and ensure that you have removed every trace of the file (i.e. that it's not lurking in an upload box behind something else).

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Publishing Problem/Getting rid of a file

Because its such a large file its posible that ftp is dropping out before its been deleted properly, but that does not explain why it trys to load again when you publish beacause you stated that you had deleted this file from
      your computer page....correct ? ...have you deleted the file and then republished ??.....
      If so then you may have to reproduce that page without the file and then publish the new page with the original name..

If that fails...put in a support ticket.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
      X