I think that when you get it done it will be very nice, good job
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Re: i launched my new site

Originally posted by xoqez
      please check out my new site www.robertjamesdunn.com

let me know what you think

thanks
      Nice, clean and simple site, Rob. Works well, is easy to navigate and I look forward to seeing it develop further. A good job, well done.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Its a nice looking site. It will probablybetter to judge when its finished.(or almost finished)

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
        royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Very good simply site and easy to read and understand and it was fast to load too!
          robobobo
          Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
          Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
          www.visionlandscapes.ie
          [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Site seems to work quite well. Being an older person, I like to see fonts be just a hair larger, but that's just me. Having a site that works well, is a big plus... Mine will be along shortly.

Comment

thanks all for you kind comments it is good to hear some buzz words come up 'clean' and 'simple' I cannot lie but although the design and work was done by me and helped by phpwcms. Mysite is critiqued during development by a website consultant.

In todays websites they need to be clean and simple. they need to be less technical but be bold and stand out.

I went for a bold simple look but tried to make it easy on the eyes.

there is alot of content to come but i am currently migrating it to a top level route site so hmm this is going to be fun.
              supporting open source development since 1984

my site www.robertjamesdunn.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritsoul
                Site seems to work quite well. Being an older person, I like to see fonts be just a hair larger, but that's just me. Having a site that works well, is a big plus... Mine will be along shortly.
                good thinking - i am glad youu liked it. I will look at increasing the text size a little bit. I think that it may be a bit small myself.

Comment

Originally posted by robobobo
                  Very good simply site and easy to read and understand and it was fast to load too!
                  speed is the first priority of webdesign

Comment

Hey!

I am very overwelmed - hoped I spelt that correctly, hehe - by your site!

- very easy to load up
                    - clean and simple
                    - very easy to navigate
                    - great font themes
                    - great idea's etc!

... and I can probably go on! hehe! ... well good luck on your site!

Regards.
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by xoqez
                      speed is the first priority of webdesign
                      I was under the belief that clarity and purpose were the foundations upon which communication and fulfillment were laid!
                      Speed (creating, loading, whatever) is a technological aspect not always under your control....

Simplicity not only sells, it is simply the finest manner to convey concepts without having to plan for re-interpretation. You demonstrate that in your site already.

Being bold has nothing to do with color, size, or imagery. It has everything to do with perspective, either with regard to content, breaking new ground, or redefining traditional focuses. Being advant garde is not enough, but by artistically applying innovation, differentiation (boldness) results. You have done well to highlight this, although I would suggest you re-think the abscence of periods and commas in your content, just in keeping with the spirit of e.e.cummings and the probablility that the majority of visitors don't necessarily need to deal with such handicaps to comprehension...

You've made an impressive foray, Rob....we're all anxious to see your "completed" effort!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Rob, that is one impressive site.
                        Clear, attractive, invites user to explore. Best of luck !

One question - Newsletter: going to give users option to get Adobe Acrobat if they don't have it? I would think everyone would have it by now, you never know.

Good work !
                        Bill
                        www.blueearthtea.com
                        www.ftaaconsulting.com
                        www.iaval.com
                        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

too early for me to feel it.

Comment

I am just finishing my own site (so please consider the source!) but I have two suggestions. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your opening page. It is so clean and visually interesting---the viewer just has to go further! :) I also like the type treatment and layout throughout. I don't know if there are options, but the mailing list button seemed to be such a strong focal point...a different style and color tone compared with the rest of the page. Maybe that is the main point of the site---to collect addresses---but if it isn't, it might be ok to put it in a less distracting spot. Also, I had tons of fun playing with the different options for the navigation bar. There are all kinds of colors and styles and roll over options. You have a really interesting site and I am definitely looking forward to seeing how it all comes out! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritsoul
                              I raised the font size - i may have gone to far but i like it being a bit bigger

Comment

Working...
                              X