linking an image to a specific area of text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking an image to a specific area of text

ok, so you understand what I am trying to do...if you link to the above, you will see an image of many bottles. What I want to do is create a link for each bottle to some text relating to that bottle...they all have specific meanings.
    I've grasped that on the text page after each bit of blurb I can type in the correct url to return to the bottles page, but how do I create a link to the specific area of text in the first instance?

Hope this is clear enough for you to understand what I'm trying to do!!
    Thanks.
    www.tiamats.co.uk

Re: linking an image to a specific area of text

I Think You mean sometime like this
    bluevoda website builder
    correct me if im wrong but what you do is you highlight the piece (in this case the green bit)of text that you want to link to the image and and click on the hyperlink button and then you fill in the url that you want it to go to which will be the pic that you want to link to
    Hope this helps or maybe i didnt understand correctly!!
    robobobo
    Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
    Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
    www.visionlandscapes.ie
    [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

You can use an image map. Of course the work to do is quite a bit, since you have a lot of bottles. Then you need to use bookmarks in your text, and link every area of the image map (i.e. everybottle) to the relevant bookmark. Every bookmark has to be placed excactly at the beggining of the text paragraph relevant to to each bottle.

An easier alternative, if you don't mind very much about that, is to use a transparent shape to cover every bottle, then link the shape to the bookmatks. The only problem is that the shape can't be excactly as the figure of the bottle.

The long bottles are independent pics, so you can link directly the images to the bookmarks.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Or you could do what naval said and forget my idea because i dont think i really understood you, Probable!!
        Ah well we cant all be as smart as naval!!
        robobobo
        Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
        Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
        www.visionlandscapes.ie
        [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

LOL robobo, don't worry matey. Maybe my explanation was overly wordy, rather than clear and concise.

Looks like you understand me, despite my wording ND. Yes, that was the plan, the easier alternative you mentioned, to put an invisible shape over each bottle and link to a specific paragraph...right, just so it's clear to me,

first, create invisible shape over bottle,
          go into shape's properties - select the url page it's to link to
          and finally in the bookmark box type in the number that it's to go to.

Meanwhile, each bookmark will have it's own number.

Yes?

Is the wee bookmark icon invisible when published?
          www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mac22
            LOL robobo, don't worry matey. Maybe my explanation was overly wordy, rather than clear and concise.

Looks like you understand me, despite my wording ND. Yes, that was the plan, the easier alternative you mentioned, to put an invisible shape over each bottle and link to a specific paragraph...right, just so it's clear to me,

first, create invisible shape over bottle,
            go into shape's properties - select the url page it's to link to
            and finally in the bookmark box type in the number that it's to go to.

Meanwhile, each bookmark will have it's own number.

Yes?

Is the wee bookmark icon invisible when published?
            Yes, the wee bookmark icon is invisible when published!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If the text is in another page, you will need to set the URLs accordingly. Look here: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...een-pages.html
              Last edited by navaldesign; 06-22-2006, 08:25 AM.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Fantastic, you've been so helpful. Gold stars with bells on to you all!
                www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X