I'm new, can someone assist me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new, can someone assist me

Help Please. My name is Greg and I just started making websites on here. I need to understand a couple of things.
    1. I noticed that after i published my first site, i went through my comp. and put some junk pictures in the recycle bin. I then noticed that when i went to edit my site, it said "Image not found" on some of the pictures. I understand why this is, but I would like to know if it will effect my published page already on the internet. For instance, do I need to save every image that I have for as long as i ever want to edit my site. If i try to publish my page again without the pictures, will they be missing from my site. I plan on editing my page everyday, so will i need to keep every pic that i have on the site now, stored in my computer?
    2. I would also like to know if their is a way to edit my site from another computer. I will be moving into my office in a month and i'll need to wokr on the site there. I know i will have to download the vodahost again, but will i need to change my IP configuration, will i be able to ever work on this site from 2 computers in the sam day? Thank you very much for your help.
    Greg

Re: I'm new, can someone assist me

1. Pictures MUST be kept in your computer as long as you wish to edit - and republish - your pages. That's because images are uploaded again each time you re-publish your page. Only delete a picture if you don't want to use it anymore.
    2. You can edit your site from ANY computer in the world. The problem is that to edit an already published page, you need to have on that computer the masterfiles, that is the original .bvp file, as well as all the images. To accomplish this, you need to "transport" from one computer to the other the WHOLE Bluevoda folder, and everytime you make an update, from one of the computers, you must copy the folder to the other. This is because BV uses an internal numeration for button images,which are save in the BV Images folder, and if the folders on the two computers are different, you may have numbering conflicts.
    Another way would be to FTP the whole folder on your site, then when you change computer, you first downlod the folder content on this computer, then start work. Once done, you must re-upload the folder to your site.

A memory stick (key) solution is definately faster for transporting the whole BV folder from one computer to the other.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Which file do you need to save? The BlueVoda file under program files or some other file? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by burnman
        Which file do you need to save? The BlueVoda file under program files or some other file? Thanks.
        Go back to YOUR THREAD. please......answer waiting
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You need to save the files that you created, i.e. the .bvp files as well as the images that you have used. It is clear that you also have to have installed the latest version of BV on both computers.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, I'm new here too and new to web design. Thanks for all of the great posts, they are extremely helpful! I'm playing around with a website design while learning Frontpage. Hopefully, I will have something to share soon.

Comment

Working...
            X