No Menu Buttons on Home Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Menu Buttons on Home Page

I originally set up a domain name www.internetmarketinghomebasedbusiness.com which I am using for a specific purpose, and haven't even started on yet.

Then this past week, I pointed a domain name to you www.Women50andOver.com and I downloaded the Soholaunch to use with this domain. I guess that I can only use one domain name with Soholaunch and the others I will have to use BlueVoda, is that correct? I still haven't figured out that program at all. I used to using something similar to Soholaunch.

Anyway, I set up a few pages so far in soholaunch with Women50andOver.com, however when you go to the Front Page there are no menu buttons. If you go to one of the other pages, the buttons are there but you have to access it from a special address like.... http://www.women50andover.com/index.php?pr=Partners instead of www.women50andover.com/partners

Obviously, I did something wrong when setting it up, and I'm thinking that it has to do with having 2 domains with you.

Please tell me what I need to do. I have no clue!
    Thanks,
    Julie

Re: No Menu Buttons on Home Page

You lost me, I have know idea what your talking about. Please try again,
    in a numbered format.

1)

2)

3)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Did you add some custom code in your homepage? because it looks to me like you have put some code that has covered everything else.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

1) I purchased a domain name through Voda Host which is(www.internetmarketinghomebasedbusiness.com) and started building my site with BlueVoda. If you go to that site 2 pages are working, and 2 don't come up, so I've done something wrong there. I was frustrated with that system.

2) I studied the tutorials for Soholaunch - decided to "point" a domain I already owned (www.Women50andOver.com) to VodaHost and use it with Soholaunch. Changed the domain name servers to VodaHost. Downloaded soholaunch according to instructions - I thought, anyway.

3) Logged into www.Women50andOver.com/sohoadmin and started building my website as I was following through the tutorials. Everything looks great from there.

4) When you go to www.Women50andOver.com from your browser, you get the front page with no menu buttons.

5) When you go to one of the other pages on the domain, ie., www.Women50andOver.com/our_mission you get a 404 Page Not Found error. However, if you type into your browser http://www.women50andover.com/index.php?pr=Our_Mission you can view the page exactly as I see it from the admin area, with menu buttons and you can navigate around through the pages. When you click on Home Page, again no menu buttons.

6) This must have something to do with when I initially set up soholaunch regarding the subpage, or subdomain, or indexing, or ???? Does it have anything to do with me having the other domain in VodaHost, even though I'm not using it with Soholaunch.

7) I'm not an advanced webmaster, so no I have not written any custom code. I just typed my message onto the pages and added some images following the tutorials.

8- Hope this explains better, I would appreciate any help I can get because I want to get this finished over the weekend. We are planning a marketing campaign starting on Monday.

9) Is there a way to fix this through admin area or page properties or something where I don't have to start all over?

Thanks So Much!
        Julie

Comment

As i can see, your template is also different from the rest of your pages. So, probably, you have changed the template. Why is your bottom right corner (in home page) chamfered?, how did you do that, Maybe the buttons problem has to do with using another template, without buttons.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, positive, the template that you have chosen for your homepages, does not feature a menu bar. Your only solution is to change the homepage template and make it the same of the other pages.
            Navaldesign

Comment

1) I was sure that the only template I chose was NEUTRAL-The Original Grills- Teal, but when I went to check Page Properties.... YOU ARE RIGHT.... the Page Template was set as newsletter. That's why it didn't have menu buttons!!!!

2) Now, back to the domain name, and the subpages. The domain will come up in a browser window. Why won't it bring up a subpage by entering www.women50andover.com/our_mission ?? It adds in the following /index.php?pr=our_mission in the browser when you click on that menu button. Obviously, this has something to do with indexing, or what???? I would like to be able to send people to specific pages without all that extra "stuff" in the middle.

Thanks!
              Julie

Comment

No, It has to do with how Soho works. Soho creates a page core (index.php) , then it includes in the core the features of that specific page. You can still send people to specific pages, if the link you provide them the correct link. Let's suppose you want to send them to your "services" page. Send them a link like "Please visit our Services page". Just link the word "Services" correctly, giving it the link http://www.women50andover.com/index.php?pr=Services

Click on "Services to see how it works.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks.... Just thought that I had done something else wrong. It's a good idea to hyperlink to a word anyway, rather than typing out the entire url. So, I should be on the right track to get to work this weekend.

Another Question: (maybe this should be posted elsewhere) How do I get Text to wrap around an image in Soho?

Thanks Again!

Julie

Comment

I'm afraid you can't wrap text in Soho.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X