X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links

Hi all,

I constructed my web page and published no problem all the hyperlinks working. To get more coverage with search engines I joined up the suggested provider
    www.vodahits.com

They submitted my site to heaps of search engines. However when I go to search for a keyword my site does not come up. I went to submitter net and checked the links and it says I have broken links - what on earth does this mean and how do I fix it. I went back to my webpage and redid the meta tags and put the keywords in HTML Between Heads but still no luck

Help (if you reply please explain in plain English I'm a techno dummy)

Thanks
    Linda

Re: Links

A link to your site is generally a good idea so we can see it.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Opps sorry

Comment

Others may know better, but my guess as to why you're getting the 'broken links' thing is because you have a lot of capital letters in your links. You should always use lower case.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks heaps I will change and see if it helps

Linda

Comment

For the rest of your question - it takes time to show up for your keywords - look at how many websites are using the same keywords - you need to optimize your site - on site and off site optimization - and slowly you'll see yourself come up on some keyword searches.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Okay I have changed my capitals to lower case and still no joy. My main keyword is khampa and there are not a lot of sites using it so it should come up - but still no joy

Any other ideas?

Regards
              Linda

Comment

It takes time. Don't be too aggressive with this stuff or you could put yourself in a bad spot. Even though we expect it, not everything happens instantaneously on the internet.

There are other sites on the web that will analyze your links, run a Google search or look around on this forum and you'll find some. I'm not offering a commentary on anything, but an unscrupulous company might tell you your links are broken if they offer a service to "fix" them. Just a thought.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks for that thought. I used the company suggested by Vodahost so I assume they are OK. I hope so. The reason I am trying so hard to fix this problem now is that I leave for China in three days and really want to get the site operation before I leave. Thanks for all your help

Linda

Comment

Working...
                  X