PDA

View Full Version : Help for newbee ... thanks

LadyEye
06-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Hi, I thought I would try this forum and see if I could get help.

I just joined a few days ago, yesterday morning I received all my passwords etc., I published a few pages on my site ....
today I came back to publish more and I cannot
I continue to get the error 12002 time out ....
I followed the instructions for fixing this ....
I even tried uploading just a simple page with some text, it also does not work, same error message .....
I went to my regedit and yes, can find bluevoda 7 however there is not a key there for publish
blue voda 8 is there and there is a key there for publish ....
the fix that i read said to change the value on bluevoda 7 publish
well it is not there ....
i changed the value on bluevoda8 publish, but still same error, so i changed that back, the initial value was set at 78, i tried the 360

so ... can someone help ??
thanks

beegud2
06-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi,
Welcome to BV. I'm not sure I cna be much help but here goes. You probably have done some of these already but doesn't hurt to check.

1) Did you check you IP address to make sure it was correct?
2) Did you check your firewall settings to make sure they were not blocking anything and allowing BV to do it's thing?
3) Go into your cpanel and make sure all files are there in the public_html...it helps me at frustrating times.
4) Post your url and let us see what is happening and someone more knowledgeable can usually tell you what's up.

This is all I can think of for now...shout back if no solution still.

bzzz

LadyEye
06-23-2006, 05:03 PM
okay thanks for responding ....

the ip addy is correct, everything yesterday said temporary, when you join do they send you temporary and then send you another? I received only the one start up information listing all the passwords, etc. to everything.

firewall is allowing blue voda - yes

into the control panel, all of the files that i published yesterday are in there, but the ones that i am trying to publish today are not ... they are still on my computer cause i cannot get them published

http://halifaxwolverinesjra.com

P.s. I have alot of problems I need to fix on all these pages that I found out when I published some yesterday, so that I still need to do ....

LadyEye
06-23-2006, 05:07 PM
oh my goodness ... it is now working, maybe there was a problem somewhere between halifax and blue voda ... but it is now working ... thank you so much for responding ....

have a great day!!!!

beegud2
06-23-2006, 05:15 PM
YEah..it is working but loading very slowly. Try using pix resizer (voda downloads section - it's free and a great tool to have) and resize your pics to load faster. Looks good so far and a few of the links I tried ae working but again loading very slowly.

good luck and post back if you need more assistance.

LadyEye
06-23-2006, 07:59 PM
yeahhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh you are right .... ha ha, i have been playing with this for about two or three weeks now, lol, have made all kinds of pages, lots more to upload, but yesterday when i tried these so many pages, i found so many problems, things sure appear different once published that what you see when you preview in your own browser, oh my, anyway, so have tons and tons of changes to make, i guess i shall have to resize the pics again, will try that, thanks so much for your help ....

VodaHost
06-25-2006, 12:50 PM
moving to publishing section.