Multiple domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple domains

Hi peope, Im new in hosting, developing web sites. I have 4 domains designed by me for 4 diferents firms and I allocated that domains at diferents hostings but now I want to allocate all the sites I develope in one only site. Seeking in the web, I found Vodahost, and I see that I can allocate all my sites in an unique hosting plan, but I don't understand how I grant access to the firms that I had or will develope a site to their own sub-folder in my site, and I don't understand if I have the hability to restrict the space that each domain uses from my 24.000 gb.

Thanks!!
    (sorry, I'am spanish speaker, so, excuseme if my english is not so good..! Can something post in spanish instead??)
    Bye....

Re: Multiple domains

To clarify- Do you wish to create websites on your account -divide up your account into sections (add-on domains) and then give each client control over their section once you have it up and running? Do you intend to give each client the ability to create/edit/upload webpages to their section? Do you wish to have each client access a control panel to add/edit features of their section?

If yes- this is not allowed. It is equal to web hosting.

But- if your business is to create a web-page of sorts for multiple clients and post them on your domain where you are the master control person and sell your services to your clients- this is allowed. For instance- You create a website for a mall and for a price- will allow each store to have a web-page or two and charge for the service of creating and maintaining those pages in your master mall site-this is allowed.

You are responsible for any and all content on your website. Therefore- if you intend to create a site and then turn over the the site to your client- it would be best that the domain/site be created in their name and you would be hired to develop. You could then charge a fee to help maintain or provide technical services.

Hope that clears things up some.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hey Keith, I was hoping to use email tracer to see the problem with my auto recponder. I guess it's not in the nature of that beast. Hoping to get my mail straitened out today so I can start loading my gallerys. There's always so much to do, or in my case redo.

Comment

Thank you much for the email check. Loved the videos on your page. When loading my video gallery I was considering a subdomain to require a pass word to enter. Do you think this is the best way to go?

P.S. It's a blessing to get help from someone who dosn't talk down to you.
        GBY and Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
          But- if your business is to create a web-page of sorts for multiple clients and post them on your domain where you are the master control person and sell your services to your clients- this is allowed. For instance- You create a website for a mall and for a price- will allow each store to have a web-page or two and charge for the service of creating and maintaining those pages in your master mall site-this is allowed.
          Hi!! i'm a Spanish user too!! :)

And... I can allow bit of "admin level" to the domains under my space?

For example,
          my client need make(by himself) a mySQL database or create/modify email, himself...

It's posible?

Greetingz,
          Nikkus
          PD.:Vodahost is the best! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Comment

NIkkus-

No- this is not allowed under the Terms of Service. What you will in effect be doing is web hosting and this is not allowed.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
            X