forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forms

in forms when i want to direct email to myself..instead of the .....

mailto:myname@mydomian.com,,,can i change that to mr smith********.com for e.g

kind regards

paul

Re: forms

Yes you can, but please note that depending on the visitor's email client settings, the form info might not be sent. (This is has nothing to do with the email address, it's just a warning to you. You should use a php script to send the info, not the simple mailto: action in your form)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

but if i use the mailto:myname@mydomain.com will the client mail always be received

regards

paul

Comment

hugo-

Yes and no. Yes it should get there if the client uses the microsoft outlook or default program to send it and it is configured correctly. To be honest- I usually ignore it when it brings up outlook to send the mail. The reason is that it leaves a copy of the sent mail on the computer. If I am at the library or work- I donot want a copy lying around. Therefore- many many not use it for that reason.

Using the php script to send the form info is the best way and easiest.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

moving to forms section from pre-sales.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanx guys

Comment

Hello Andy
              i got a very funny situation over here..
              i created a very simple form such as
              name
              submit

the problem is ....testing the form ...a placed a someone name and a this person e-mail .....and it did not work ...however
              when i place my own e-mail , works perfet ...what is going on over here.....do you know where is the problem....

Comment

Copy the script you used and post it here along with the URL of your form and we'll take a look.

In the future- post a new thread topic like this on it's own. That way- when someone does a search that has the same problem, they will benefit from your thread.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                X