Key Specifications for an Internet Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Specifications for an Internet Computer

I would like opinions on two buying issues: 1) two computers, one to be used exclusively for internet; 2) what specifications/features are important for the internet-only computer and which can be slighted/ignored? Thanks, Larry.

Re: Key Specifications for an Internet Computer

Depends what you want, games, video, etc.
    Check pricing, a lot of pc's come loaded at very low prices. www.tigerdirect.com which has a lot of info.

good luck
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Bill2006, Thanks for your response. I use the internet mainly for text searches and to display/print/download whatever content (graphics/video?) embeddied in the hits. I was just not sure which specs would be key and which I could minimize/ignore. Speed I suppose would be one not to compromise but there again I am not sure which speed specs would be the ones to focus on. Processors are another issue. I probably would not chose a Celeron or Sempron for a workhorse computer but would they work perfectly well for the forseeable future as an internet machine? Thanks for the link. I'll check out TigerDirect. Larry.

Comment

here's something else that you might find useful, posted by VodaHost http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/per...n-experts.html
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Bill2006, Thanks for following up with the link to specs/features from the angle of the upgrade issue. Clever thinking and helpful info. Larry.

Comment

Working...
          X