Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help! Trying to configure email client.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help! Trying to configure email client.

First I guess I need to see if my problems are due to the fact that I have just went in to do the dns pointing to voda earlier today.

I then went in and set up 4 email accounts, but told it to forward 3 of them to the main account. Is this okay? It is how we have been receiving mail through our previous hosting company.

I tried to set the primary account up with Auto Configure. When I click on it for Outlook I go through the messages, the screen changes to show the regedit info but it never does anything else, just sits there with that page up.

I have also tried to configure it manually but i get this message when I test it:

Task 'Designs By Jacquelynn - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

Unfortunately I am trying to get this all set up and the site live today before I leave town for the week.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
    Lori

Re: Need help! Trying to configure email client.

Hi Lori..

I am not sure if this is entirely correct, but I am basing it on my own experience.

Firstly, Updating Server details (dns) does take some time, may be a few hours.

Secondly, your email server name has to exist and be active on that server before it is recognized and your email becomes active, for example: if you point your dns to vodahost, your mail server (mail.yourwebsite.com) may not be active until the update of the DNS is complete.

Possible solution: Wait a bit longer and try to configure your email client manually. I would suggest that you use your full email address as both Username and Account Name.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Please click the below, do not use the autro configure feature.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
        Hi Lori..

I am not sure if this is entirely correct, but I am basing it on my own experience.

Firstly, Updating Server details (dns) does take some time, may be a few hours.

Secondly, your email server name has to exist and be active on that server before it is recognized and your email becomes active, for example: if you point your dns to vodahost, your mail server (mail.yourwebsite.com) may not be active until the update of the DNS is complete.

Possible solution: Wait a bit longer and try to configure your email client manually. I would suggest that you use your full email address as both Username and Account Name.

Hope this helps.
        Thanks for the reply, but the account has been set up for many months. It has just started having the problem this week. Also, it is working fine on one computer, just not the other. The emails were not being deleted from Voda's server before. I could always log in and retrieve anything from there that I wanted. Now when I log in, once it has gone to one of the computers, it deletes from the server and I can not retrieve anything from Webmail. I would imagine that this is the reason it is no longer forwarding to both computers.

Thanks again,
        Lori

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
          Please click the below, do not use the autro configure feature.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...-my-email.html
          Sorry, I forgot to list the website addres earlier, it is www.designsbyjacquelynn.com.

I did not use the auto configure feature on either computer. As I stated in the above reply it is working fine on one computer, just not the other. The emails were not being deleted from Voda's server before. I could always log in and retrieve anything from there that I wanted. Now when I log in, once it has gone to one of the computers, it deletes from the server and I can not retrieve anything from Webmail. I would imagine that this is the reason it is no longer forwarding to both computers. I was actually logged in to webmail yesterday, sent a test email from my yahoo account, saw it on webmail, clicked out of the inbox and back in and it was no longer there. It looks to me that it is now deleting from Voda's servers for some reason once it has been sent to Outlook.

I even went back in yesterday and deleted all accounts and set them back up again. I don't remember for sure when the account was set up but it was at least 6 months ago. Everything was working until this week.

Thanks for any help you can give,
          Lori

Comment

Okay this is really strange. I didn't read my original post before I answered the replies I had received. I posted yesterday about I problem I was having and that post has disappeared. Anyway, my replies have restated my problem. I need help with this but can't find my original post.

Sorry for any confusion.
            Lori

Comment

Working...
            X