marquee - pictures there when page opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marquee - pictures there when page opens

i would like to put a scrolling marquee with several pictures on one page - i know how to put the pictures in - have slowed them down and they repeat fine works fine - my question is...
    is there a way for the pictures to be on the marquee when the page opens - in other words - instead of a blank/black marquee at page opening then the pictures scroll in and continue - could the pictures start scrolling from the left margin and continue scrolling left then repeating etc. - i've tried several things but nothing seems to help
    thank you so much for any info - hope i made myself clear - what i want is for the pictures to be there when the page opens then start scrolling
    www.movingon1.com
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Re: marquee - pictures there when page opens

Question for you, - how do you insert pictures in a marquee ?
    I was trying to do it, unsuccessfully.

Thanks
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

at last maybe i can help someone - any way
      open marquee - then open the image you want - right click image and go to html (last button) copy html info and paste into marquee general tab paste into text area. leave picture open on page, save and publish - then go back to working page and delete or cut image, save again and publish again - this will keep the picture with the page on line - didnt explain that well but it works - if you want more than one image just past its html at the end of the first ones.
      hope it works for you - i actually learned this from someones thread but dont remember where it was
      www. movingon1.com - i tried it on my iguazu falls page South America-then brazil then iguazu falls - works great.
      Ann

Comment

Tried it and it works great, I will try it resizing with Pix.
        I visited the Iguazu section - cool. BTW there is no name for a group of butterflies so flock is as good as any.

sent you an email to test your contact page
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

so glad it worked and so glad i could do something to help others - my husband suggested horde as in horde of grasshoppers - I like flock better
          i use pixresize for all of my pics - also had to change size in html after I pasted it - at end of code for each picture so it would fit how i wanted it
          www.movingon1.com
          Ann

Comment

Hello asirimarco
            Did you find an answer to your question regarding not having the blank space when the marquee starts? I'm trying to find a way to create a 'rolling filmstrip' for my home page to show stills from the showreel clips I've made. I've created a long jpg to insert in the marquee but I don't want the delay at the beginning, nor when the marquee repeats.

This film strip is not on my web page yet, I'm trying to make it look better that it does at the moment. I'm hoping I don't have to make a flash file - as I dont have the software.

Thanks for your time,
            Zigs

www.proshowreel.com.au

Comment

It takes time for the pictures to upload - remember they are what makes pages load so slowly? So, while they are loading, you see the black. That's why some sites have the countdown saying percentage loaded for films where you really have to wait.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Update information below:

Hi, you used to be able to do this with BV, but can only be done with code now. LINK TO SOME HELP.

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                X