Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Form

I'm having some problems with my contact forms:

1) I filled the form out and submitted it to myself with the mailto function. I still haven't received the form (6 hours later). All the info is correct on the form....I double checked it.

2) Assuming most customers won't wait that long for a response before moving on to greener internet pastures (I figure I have an hour at most to contact them), is there a way to get their contact information on my desk faster?

3) What if my potential client doesn't have outlook configured. Will the mailto function still work?

Greenejc

Re: Contact Form

1.- Maybe the problem is in the mail set up?

2.- Not a faster way but a more reliable way- PHP mailto form

3.- NO- that is the problem with a standard mailto- it relies on a correct
    configuration of the clients computer to open MS Outlook or another
    default mail program.

I would recommend going with a php mailto form. You will find complete
    instructions here;
    http://www.netisopen.com/computer/TF001/phpmailto.html

This is the most popular method. It is not as hard as it looks. Give it a shot and we'll be here should you need help.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Have you receieved your email yet, theres a chance it didnt even send, if its sending to an email on the same server it should be almost instant, if you are trying to send to an email on another website that isn't on the server, it should only take a couple minutes (I don't believe mailto: works on VH server when sending to an email address on another server)

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Andy....dude, I can't thank you enough. This works SO much better. It took me about 10 seconds to get my lead this time. You're a life saver. Your tutorial is awesome!

Comment

You're very welcome. Glad it was of some help!

Cheers and we'll see ya on the forum

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,

When I copy your script (after modifying the $mailto= value) into an HTML box onto my page with a form with the right names for each of the 3 boxes and publish the page, the source code of the script shows on the page and it does not function. What did I not do? I made sure the form properties Action says process123.php

Doug

Comment

I am not sure but- make sure that the page that you copied the php code to is set to a php extension. Go to page properties and down just a little you will see a box that lets you pick php or html. Choose php- then save and publish. That should work.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: Contact Form Andy..please help

Please forgive me if I am "jumping into this thread", but Andy, I downloaded your tutorial.

It works great, but I noticed that when I go to my website, I enter a name, email address, and comment.

Then it goes to the error page, but the script still shows that the person who entered "everything correctly", still did not enter their name.

Can you help me?

http://www.lastingpresentations.com/lpcontactus.html
                Digital Visual Memories
                Lasting Presentations
                MomsWeek

Comment

Hey Sparrow

Looking at the source code-you have not named each field. The Name and E-mail fields have a name of "T1" which is the default. Your comments field has a name of "S1" which is its default. Go back to the form and on the name field use- name and on the e-mail use -email

For the comments use- comments.

Those should also correspond exactly to the code you made. Post back if there are still problems.

Keith
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

You are simply amazing! Thank you so much.

I am now going to attempt a much longer form......brave one I am.. lol
                    Digital Visual Memories
                    Lasting Presentations
                    MomsWeek

Comment

Working...
                    X