Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation bar text does not update

www.mollisonarchitecture.com

My webpage has 3 index pages: a home page and two others for navigating around a portfolio. All of them have a navigation bar on the side that changes the content of a large iframe. All of the links work fine. The problem is the navigation bar on the second porfolio index page does not update the text on the buttons. I know the second index page is loading because the hyperlinks are correct.

Each of the navigation buttons has its own image file in the html_public folder. I checked that in the control panel.

So what should I do to get the graphics for the navigation bar buttons to update?

Re: Navigation bar text does not update

Are you sure they are not updating? Try emptying your cache (temp internet files). Often when one makes changes and they do not appear to have taken effect- it actually has but your computer is loading the old page from the cache files.

Give that a try.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I tried emptying the cache. I even viewed the site from two other computers. The problem persists. It seems the second index page reloads everything except the navigation bar graphics.

Comment

Did you cut and paste the navigation bars? If so- this could be the problem.

I am still not clear as to what the problem is. What is it now and what is it supposed to be? From what I see- everything looks good.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

When you are on portfolio page 1, the top link says "1 Art Museum" and when you click it the iframe shows some photographs of a model of a building. This is all correct.

When you are on portfolio page 2, the top link SHOULD say "14 Residence" but it still says "1 Art Museum". However, when you click the link, you don't get the photographs, you get a computer rendering of a single family house. This IS the correct link but not the correct button text.

When I first set up the portfolio index sheets I did cut and paste the navigation bar from page 1 to page 2. Then I changed all the properties including the navigation button names.

I just recreated the navigation bar from scratch and things seem to be updating correctly now. I still don't understand why the links would update but not the navigation bar graphics. But I'm glad to have a work around for this glitch.

Did I miss a warning NOT to cut and paste navigation bars somewhere? I only ask because that would be good information for other newbies trying to develop their own sites.

Thanks for looking into this problem.

Comment

Working...
          X