PDA

View Full Version : Why a Form?

Charles Shaw
06-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Hola!
With help from Vasili, I went to Andy´s site and read about the hijacking of forms and the trouble it can cause. I began the making of a form, but... Is it really important that I have a form that is vulnerable or is is okay to just have my "contact me" with a mailto my email? What is the difference¿

I dont really want to be any more vulnerable than I am... it is hurricane season after all.

Saludos,
Charles and Kate

beegud2
06-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi 'sir' Charles,

I suppose it really depens on the person. For me I like the form so I can see where most of my guests are coming form (I have where did you here of the wesite section); two I can get feedback from them through the form...although you can do that with a simple email. On my Kids site I use the form so kids can send me art work to diplay in the artz gallery.

If an email works for you then I say that should be enough. You can use your form to have potential 'walkers' tell you info that you would need to give them a quote on pricing etc. Saves time on going backand forth in emails and getting the info you want.

I'm sure more expereinced websters will give you a more comprehensive view of forms...but that's my take on it...lol..:)

Girlonthehill
06-27-2006, 06:30 PM
I think it bolis down to what you're expecting from your contact. If you need specific information, in a certain format, then you may be better to use a form so that you can 'drive the flow' of input that you receive. If you just need an email and a name then the basic mail to: will probably work for you. Many people don't like this as it forces the viewer to open up an email program and I'm not sure if it works with all email programs. It's also regarded as more professional to use a contact form.

As Beez says, using a form also allows you to validate and collect additional information. People can still abuse a basic mail to: and send you spam, nasty and nonsense emails.

Charles Shaw
06-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Thank you both for the feedback. For now, I think I will take the easy way out and just use my email. Not as professional as you say Amanda, but I just don´t want to hassle with any highjackings right now. Beez...
always enjoy your input!

Yucatanchas

davidundalicia
06-28-2006, 03:46 PM
For a little work, you to can have a professional looking AND secure form

Go for it.....

Charles Shaw
07-02-2006, 03:00 PM
thank you David, we will be making a form soon... and did you send me an email about my email address¿

Saludos,
Charles

davidundalicia
07-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Saludos Charles,
If you need any help with your form, email me.

and if I emailed you, it would have my web addresses at the bottom.....
check it out.