Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I actually use subdomains on the internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I actually use subdomains on the internet?

Sorry, another question to display how green I am.
    I have been watching the tutorials and reading the forum, but I think this is a question that most other people probably already know the answer to.
    I can create a subdomain, but how do I use it? I understand that browsers will probably pick up the subdomain okay, but in file manager how do I make and store files for that subdomain. I have merely been using a folder (eg: http://www.domainname.com/foldername/) I would rather use a subdomain.

Hi, watch this video on creating subdomains, it is really easy to do:

VodaHost.com tutorial about how to use the control panel of your hosting account.

Sarah :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: how do I actually use subdomains on the internet?

Sarah,

Perhaps re-reading the question might help answer the question of using subdomains. The question was how to use the subdomain rather than how to create it.

I am new to VodaHost as well and so far have not been impressed with anyone's "help". Referring everyone to the tutorials is all well and good, but specific questions are deserving of specific answers.

This is a question I have also asked and have not been able to get an answer for yet. I keep getting referred to the tutorials which are not helping to solve the problem.

Comment

Re: how do I actually use subdomains on the internet?

You use them just like any other website. For example: my main site is www.girlonthehill.co.uk and I also have another site, set up as a sub domain of my original, called www.sleepybumblebee.girlonthehill.co.uk
        I have now bought the domain name www.sleepybumblebee.co.uk and have it pointing to my sub domain. Does this answer your question?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X