Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to go at last

Hi Guys
    Have been buried in my computer for the past few months trying to get this site up and running would appreciate any advice, suggestions, comments. In particular I am interested in how the site would look from a users point of view. I have not launched the site yet so any comments on metatags etc very helpful

Thanks
    DaveK

Re: Ready to go at last

Did you forget something Confused in Dublin http://www.dksolutions.info/

Comment

Quick comment - I'd lose the visitor counter - you don't see those on professional sites. On the scrolling text - you have ads spelled adds.

I just have a few seconds to look at posts - but the time you've spent is obvious. Good luck to you. But, as a visitor, I don't like looking at text scrolling horizontally and vertically at the same time - made my eyes not know where to look and cross :)
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
        Did you forget something Confused in Dublin http://www.dksolutions.info/
        Oops thats what happens when your locked in your bedroom for 3 months building a site

Comment

Hi Confused in Dublin, had a quick look over, the links seem to work and it looks good. one thing i did notice is the links/buttons and the marquee don't look right the text link/ buttons go from bold to normal on mouseover with a gray background . the marqee that goes from bottom to top just Doesn’t look right .
          good luck with the site.

Comment

Thank you for that. I was unsure about the hit counter myself think you might be right

Thanks for the valued comment

Comment

Hi Confused in Dublin, had a quick look over, the links seem to work and it looks good. one thing i did notice is the links/buttons and the marquee don't look right the text link/ buttons go from bold to normal on mouseover with a gray background . the marqee that goes from bottom to top just Doesn’t look right .
              good luck with the site.
              Thanks Aliens Anonymous. The top to bottom marqee was something I wanted, but I would have liked it to be more dynamic but could not come up with anything else, I would appreciate any suggestions you or any of the other guys on the forum might have

DaveK

Comment

might want to try somthing like this http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ssolvetext.htm
                http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/agallery.htm

Comment

I have had a look at these and they look the business, I will work on it over the next few days. Is a site ever finished or is it always a work in progress ??

Cheers
                  DaveK

Comment

Finished is not word it's a Dream.

Comment

Hey. Couple of notes. 1 - your "go" button runs into "And". 2 - Voda has nice professional templates for bussiness. I saw one that fits your site perfect. I will try to find it and get back to you. 3 - the marquee was moving to fast, I could not read it. 4 - The text is kinda all over the place, try to center some of it. I hope this helps. It looks like its going to be really good.
                      David
                      David B
                      LGD Design Innovations
                      www.lgddesign.com
                      david.bennett@lgddesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lgddesign01
                        Hey. Couple of notes. 1 - your "go" button runs into "And". 2 - Voda has nice professional templates for bussiness. I saw one that fits your site perfect. I will try to find it and get back to you. 3 - the marquee was moving to fast, I could not read it. 4 - The text is kinda all over the place, try to center some of it. I hope this helps. It looks like its going to be really good.
                        David
                        Thanks for the feed back David. I still have a bit to do by te looks of things. let me know about the template and i will check it out

DaveK

Comment

A comment or two.

I feel like patting my head and rubbing my stomach - at the same time. Very confusing. perhaps if you like it , make them go slower.
                          Bill
                          www.blueearthtea.com
                          www.ftaaconsulting.com
                          www.iaval.com
                          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Friendly comments,
                            I agree that the scrolling is a bit confusing and you have it on almost every page which would make me not want to look at it (hurts my eyes) it is a bit fast. On my computer your menu bar is very close to the scrolling, I was not sure at first that they were navigation. Maybe give just a bit more white space in-between (give it more space before the scrolling) All links seemed to work. I was impressed with all your forms as that is what I have been working on this past week. Good luck to you. You are well on your way.
                            warmest regards,

billygorilly.com_music For Kids_Sing and dance to the lively music_Family Friendly Fun
                            moviemedic

Comment

Looking very good. Must agree with the "loose the vertical scrolling text'
                              text comment.

Other than that- looking good.

Andy
                              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                              X